Welcome To aBlackWeb

Inori

NAWF
"The Wachowskis are developing a new Matrix film, according to John Wick director Chad Stahelski. There's been talk of another installment in the iconic sci-fi franchise dating back to 2017, when it was reported Warner Bros. was eyeing Michael B. Jordan to star in a reboot. Since then, updates on the project have been few and far between, with screenwriter Zak Penn teasing his ideas for an expanded Matrix universe last year. From the sound of things, a fourth Matrix movie remains on the table, though no director or cast members have been brought onboard yet.

When word of the possible Jordan-fronted reboot first broke, it was said the Wachowskis, the creative force behind the original trilogy, were not involved with the new movie. That's despite them working on Matrix treatments as far back as 2014. But as WB looks to get this film off the ground in the near future, it appears they've called upon the Wachowskis to lend a hand in some capacity - so says one of their most prominent collaborators.

In an interview with Yahoo Movies UK while promoting John Wick: Chapter 3 - Parabellum, Stahelski revealed the Wachowskis are indeed working on a new Matrix movie. The stuntman-turned-director (who was Keanu Reeves' double on the trilogy) also stated he'd happily go back to the Matrix universe if asked:

“I’m super happy that the Wachowskis are not just doing a Matrix, but they’re expanding what we all loved. And if it’s anywhere near the level of what they’ve already done, it wouldn’t take more than a call to go, ‘Hey, we want you to be a stunt guy’ and I would probably go and get hit by a car.”
Stahelski didn't know if the Wachowskis would be directing the movie (or just serving as writers/producers), but this development is encouraging to hear. It implies they have an idea they're passionate about that (ideally) won't just rehash what viewers have already seen and take the property in exciting new directions. Additionally, Reeves went on record to say the only way he'd return to The Matrix would be if the Wachowskis were writing and directing, so if what Stahelski's saying is true, it means Reeves starring remains on the table. How that would come into fruition remains to be seen (Neo died in The Matrix Revolutions), but with the actor still at the top of his game, many fans would enjoy watching him dodge bullets again.

Admittedly, the Wachowskis' post-Matrix filmography isn't the most inspiring at first glance, but there's no denying the siblings have unique vision and creativity. Even their misfires contain stunning visuals and ambition to spare, so it'll be interesting to see what they have in mind for a new Matrix movie. It's worth pointing out this is still in the developmental phase and doesn't appear to have an official green light just yet, but maybe the Wachowskis' involvement will give the Matrix revival the little push it needs."

Source: https://screenrant.com/matrix-reboot-new-movie-wachowskis/

Thoughts??

1701570861731.png

Last edited:
I'd watch. Agree that it be after the original trilogy.

I actually wouldn't mind seeing them do what Star Wars is doing with their spinoffs. I'm sure there were other covert teams that did some ill shit before or during Neo's time.

I'd prefer to see a continuance of the story personally rather than an outright reboot or reimagining of the original series
This.

I dont give a fuck about some asshole figuring out the matrix I want to see the old crew dust off their computers and jump back in there.

Matrix 4 Officially a Go With Keanu Reeves, Carrie-Anne Moss and Lana Wachowski

"Get ready to re-enter the Matrix.

Lana Wachowski is set to write and direct a fourth film set in the world of “The Matrix,” with Keanu Reeves and Carrie-Anne Moss reprising their roles as Neo and Trinity, respectively.

Warner Bros. Pictures and Village Roadshow Pictures will produce and globally distribute the film. Warner Bros. Picture Group chairman Toby Emmerich made the announcement on Tuesday.

“We could not be more excited to be re-entering ‘The Matrix’ with Lana,” said Emmerich. “Lana is a true visionary—a singular and original creative filmmaker—and we are thrilled that she is writing, directing and producing this new chapter in ‘The Matrix’ universe.”

In addition to Wachowski, the script was also written by Aleksandar Hemon and David Mitchell. Wachowski is also producing with Grant Hill. Sources say the film is eyed to begin production at the top of 2020.

Warner Bros. has been trying for the last couple years to find a way to get back to this universe but a hold up over producing rights on who owned what slowed down the development. Over the past couple months, the studio saw a perfect storm brewing starting with Reeves super strong summer that included the box office smash hits “John Wick 3” and “Toy Story 4” and a script from Wachowski that got the studio and Reeves excited about a possible return.

How and where the plot takes off is unknown at this time as is the role of Morbius and how that will be filled with some sources say the role may be recast for a younger version but that element has still not been made clear.

The three previous films —“The Matrix,” “The Matrix Reloaded” and “The Matrix Revolutions” — have collectively earned more than $1.6 billion at the global box office. All three were written and directed by Lana and her sister, Lilly, and starred Reeves and Moss.

“Many of the ideas Lilly and I explored 20 years ago about our reality are even more relevant now. I’m very happy to have these characters back in my life and grateful for another chance to work with my brilliant friends,” Wachowski said.

The first “Matrix” had its 20th anniversary this year, marked by special screenings at select AMC locations starting on Aug. 30.
"

Source: https://variety.com/2019/film/news/matrix-4-keanu-reeves-carrie-anne-moss-lana-wachowski-1203307955/

wonder how the hell they bringing back Trinity tho.. didn't she die? Im also wondering if they will still involve Michael B. Jordan

Nah, I'm good. Should have just been a solo movie.

It definitely should have been just the one film, but we are past that now. If they're going to expand on the universe then at least having one of the Wachowski's taking charge and continuing the story instead of rebooting it is the best result. Enter The Matrix and The Animatrix showed how expansive the universe could be with some creativity - I'm alright with another film.

Back