Welcome To aBlackWeb

Netflix Dad Stop Embarrassing Me! (CANCELED After 1 Season)

David Alan Grier is only about 10 years older than Jamie Foxx playing his pops lol

I hope he’s able to land on a show that sticks he was funny on the Carmichael show and he’s cool on here too but I don’t think this is gonna last too long.

I really dont watch many sitcoms anymore.But this new Netflix series caught my eye and i thought it would be a cool family watch.
Jamie Foxx is Brian Dixon, a single father and businessman based in Atlanta. He inherited his mother's cosmetics company known as BAY Cosmetics.
Foxx isnt new to this so of course he does well in the role then throw David Alan Grier as Pops Dixon Brian's father in the mix and that adds to the very funny moments in the show.
Kyla-Drew as Sasha Dixon, Brian's teenager daughter does ok but is a little stiff on the show.
This was like watching a Disney channel show but with salty language and some innuendo thrown in.
There's some nice eye candy from Porscha Coleman as Chelsea Dixon, Brian's sister and Pops' daughter and Heather Hemmens as Stacy Collins,Brian's colleague at BAY Cosmetics.

Some of the themes presented work but some are cliched and then some.
Some of the drama in the show works.Some dramatic moments are forced.
So this was just ok but it was still great to see a father shown in a positive light.

Not surprised. I couldn’t find one redeeming quality. They don’t make em like they used to be.

Back