Welcome To aBlackWeb

OUT NOW Gang Starr - One of the Best Yet

You know what's interesting is that DJ Premiere wasn't an original member of Gang Starr.

Hip-hop heads, did you know that DJ Premier wasn’t a member of the original Gang Starr crew?

I know it sounds crazy, seeing how influential Premier’s production was on Gang Starr and on ’90s New York hip-hop as a whole. Gang Starr was originally formed by Guru in 1985 with DJ 1, 2 B-Down as well as with Donald D, J.V. Johnson and DJ Mark the 45 King pitching in.

They actually released three 12″ singles on Wild Pitch Records throughout 1987 and 1988. However, in 1989 the group broke up and Guru was left by himself with the name Gang Starr.

Here's a song that came out in 1988 featuring Damo-D-Ski. I'm not sure if he was an original member or just a feature. This song was produced by DJ Mark the 45 King, before Premiere joined the group.

To be honest, wasn't feeling it the first go round in the whip, will give it the headphone test soon.

AOTY. I’m so satisfied with the quality of Lights Out, Family and Loyalty, and Bad Name, everything else after those is just bonus.

This shit nice af...I thought it would sound more dated than it does...pleasantly surprised that it wasn’t...fire album

I think it is...sooo dope it’s all I been playing.

Closest is Rhapsody but I already played this more.

Reminds me of when Tribe dropped the new album. Seems impossible to do what needs to be done considering the high standard but both delivered.

Back