Welcome To aBlackWeb

Netflix Plans To Start Using The Weekly Format

This is gonna help me continue to not watch shit.

I really need to start watching some of these shows.

Called this in that other thread. This is probably the best model for everyone.

I think I am in the minority..I think it's a smart move. I dont want to get too hype for a show finish then gotta wait forever for the shit to come back. At least this drags shit out n cuts the waiting time down.

Cosign that its better for business

I heard they might have to start throwing ads in there too

Also better for business growth

While i might (barely) be able to get used to the weekly thing i think the ad thing probably turn me off especially if subscription keeps going up

I don't like it at all. I want every episode so I can pick and choose when to watch and how many episodes I want to see in a row. That's the format I prefer. That's been one of the main reason for Netflix great success - the amazing option of binging. However, Netflix has released episodes of certain shows weekly for years though, like "Better Call Saul" for example.

I understand the whole thing about Netflix trying to build momentum with fans and avoid spoilers...etc but I'm stil not a big fan of waiting one week for the next episode.

I mean I get it. Brotha be tryin to stop himself from binge watching these series in one nite

I can see both sides of it but this could end up being a disaster for netflix.

Binging series is what keeps it from being hbo, showtime, etc. The fact that you have tons and tons of content right there at once for you to binge.

If it goes to a weekly format, you're right there with all the other subs. Disney has mcu and star wars. hbo has the tradition and prestige. showtime the same thing to a lesser extent but they hook some with the longer seasons. And thats not even accounting for cable shows.

Netflix just gets thrown into the pile with everyone else when they pull this. The appeal of netflix is that you get a new show, binge it, and move on to the next.

You got Mindhunter fucked up. Mindhunter is one of the best shows out.

I know the hype around Narcos has died down, but Narcos is still a dope show.

I just started watched this.

Finished S1 last week. Currently watch S2. The show is off the chain mayne.

I can see both sides of it but this could end up being a disaster for netflix.

Binging series is what keeps it from being hbo, showtime, etc. The fact that you have tons and tons of content right there at once for you to binge.

If it goes to a weekly format, you're right there with all the other subs. Disney has mcu and star wars. hbo has the tradition and prestige. showtime the same thing to a lesser extent but they hook some with the longer seasons. And thats not even accounting for cable shows.

Netflix just gets thrown into the pile with everyone else when they pull this. The appeal of netflix is that you get a new show, binge it, and move on to the next.

The problem I have wit Disney is the fact they're baiting folks wit the MCU and Star Wars content.

If it was just those 2...cool. But I don't wanna get the app wit all the other Disney shyt thats for the kids. Why pay that money if you're only interested in just the MCU and Star Wars series?

The problem I have wit Disney is the fact they're baiting folks wit the MCU and Star Wars content.

If it was just those 2...cool. But I don't wanna get the app wit all the other Disney shyt thats for the kids. Why pay that money if you're only interested in just the MCU and Star Wars series?

And you still gotta wait til next year for most of the MCU stuff.

Back