Welcome To aBlackWeb

Negative Black imagery: In advertising

What I've been seeing more than anything lately is black women being in relationships with white men in commercials

This. Noticed this about a year or two ago. Sometimes with the white father and his mixed child.

Last time you seen it the other way around was that cheerios commercial and white people had a fit.

This. Noticed this about a year or two ago. Sometimes with the white father and his mixed child.

Last time you seen it the other way around was that cheerios commercial and white people had a fit.

They was mad as fuck about that.

Nah b, they been running with Black man/White woman in a looootta commercials.

Wife and I noticed this as well, but they're still pushing Black men with straight up Becky white women as well.

That is coming more from black people than white people IMO cause so many have bought into that BS. As it was said earlier ever since the white folks backlash and outrage at that black man with his white wife wife and mixed kids in that cheerios commercial can't say I've seen a black man with a white woman coupling in the mainstream push by white people.

I dont recall the outrage about that cheerios shit but I wasnt looking for it

I see interracial families with black dads in ads....its just usually a super light skin or already mixed man, or super corny with the open button down on w/ the sleeves rolled up.....in the house lol

I dont recall the outrage about that cheerios shit but I wasnt looking for it

I see interracial families with black dads in ads....its just usually a super light skin or already mixed man, or super corny with the open button down on w/ the sleeves rolled up.....in the house lol

Cheerios Commercial Featuring Mixed Race Family Gets Racist Backlash
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/31/cheerios-commercial-racist-backlash_n_3363507.html

Backlash greets Cheerios ad with interracial family
https://www.washingtonpost.com/blog...th-interracial-family/?utm_term=.1fcfd4fd0343

That is coming more from black people than white people IMO cause so many have bought into that BS. As it was said earlier ever since the white folks backlash and outrage at that black man with his white wife wife and mixed kids in that cheerios commercial can't say I've seen a black man with a white woman coupling in the mainstream push by white people.

then you haven't been paying attention. Me and the wife stay pointing out Black man/white woman couples in ads. Swiffer had one last year, but it got overshadowed by an ad with a reverse interracial couple.

then you haven't been paying attention. Me and the wife stay pointing out Black man/white woman couples in ads. Swiffer had one last year, but it got overshadowed by an ad with a reverse interracial couple.

Always paying attention shit just not as prevalent and being pushed like a BW with a WM.

I forget who the ad is for, but right now there's an ad with a talking car that uses a ghetto ass nigga voice in it. Has me shaking my head every time it comes on.

I forget who it was, but a few years ago there was a thread on the IC about a Golden Corral commercial where a white couple and Black couple were having a night out. White couple said something about the restaurant being expensive and the Black couple bailed outta the car while it was still moving and went to Golden Corral.

Tried to find the exact version of it but all I can find are the re-edits.

I forget who it was, but a few years ago there was a thread on the IC about a Golden Corral commercial where a white couple and Black couple were having a night out. White couple said something about the restaurant being expensive and the Black couple bailed outta the car while it was still moving and went to Golden Corral.

Tried to find the exact version of it but all I can find are the re-edits.

I kinda of remember that one

They had a fit and Cheerios threw up a middle finger, then dropped a 2nd commercial wit the same family. Only this time, the wife was pregnant.

Can't front...I enjoyed that

So this commercial came on just now. I never really paid attention to it before now, but it interrupted Rick and Morty so... yeah.

There's two problems with this commercial that hit me:

1. The majority of "high risk" people speaking are "of color", of which the majority are Black with unidentifiable hispanics being the second. There's only one white person in the commercial.
2. The Black woman that leads into the commercial is portrayed as being heterosexual. She has a Black man, whom you can see at 1:04.

The shit was so slick I didn't notice it until today. Aside from the obvious, making it out that gays of color are the people spreading HIV, throwing a Black heterosexual couple into the mix is a low-down way of blaming straight Black men and women for spreading the disease.

Black people fall for it so why would they not market this way? Look at idiots like Floyd who still going to support a racist clothing line. The issue is not the advertisements, but black people still supporting these business.

Back