Welcome To aBlackWeb

NBA strongly considering significant changes that impact the season schedule

If we just used the standings from last year top 16 teams first round would’ve looked like

1 Mil vs 16 Detroit
2 Tor vs 15 Orlando
3 GS vs 14 Brooklyn
4 Denver vs 13 San Antonio
5 Houston vs 12 LA Clippers
6 Portland vs 11 Indiana
7 Philly vs 10 OKC
8 Utah vs 9 Boston

3 of those series actually happened. A GS vs Brooklyn and Utah vs Boston first round series logistically is wack though lol. Portland v Indiana too.

If we just used the standings from last year top 16 teams first round would’ve looked like

1 Mil vs 16 Detroit
2 Tor vs 15 Orlando
3 GS vs 14 Brooklyn
6 Portland vs 11 Indiana
7 Philly vs 10 OKC
8 Utah vs 9 Boston

3 of those series actually happened. A GS vs Brooklyn and Utah vs Boston first round series logistically is wack though lol. Portland v Indiana too.
So what makes this more appealing than what we already have in place?

1 Mil vs 16 Detroit
2 Tor vs 15 Orlando
3 GS vs 14 Brooklyn
6 Portland vs 11 Indiana
7 Philly vs 10 OKC
8 Utah vs 9 Boston

Make the the 1st 2 rds best of 5 (I miss that like MF)

And them niggas will be iight w/ the travel. It's private charter anyway. They ain't slumming in coach on Southwest.

1 Mil vs 16 Detroit
2 Tor vs 15 Orlando
3 GS vs 14 Brooklyn
6 Portland vs 11 Indiana
7 Philly vs 10 OKC
8 Utah vs 9 Boston

A lot of east coast people not staying up on weeknights for 10:30pm west coast game start times for 1st round playoff series especially if it ain't their team.

So what makes this more appealing than what we already have in place?

Im guess the idea behind it is to try to get the best 2 teams in the finals.

Prime example was in 17 and 18 instead of clearly overmatched cavaliers teams in the finals you get a spurs team with a healthy kawhi in 17 and the rockets in 18 which turned out to be a great 7 game series vs 4-1 and 4-0 nba finals

Im guess the idea behind it is to try to get the best 2 teams in the finals.

Prime example was in 17 and 18 instead of clearly overmatched cavaliers teams in the finals you get a spurs team with a healthy kawhi in 17 and the rockets in 18 which turned out to be a great 7 game series vs 4-1 and 4-0 nba finals
But wouldn’t the 17 Cavs beat the Spurs that year though? How about the rest of the western conference, would Houston beat the Cavs? The Jazz? Etc. See where I’m going?

Cavs matchup better with the 18 Rockets than they did against the Warriors. Cavs/Rockets would’ve gon 6-7 games imo.

But wouldn’t the 17 Cavs beat the Spurs that year though? How about the rest of the western conference, would Houston beat the Cavs? The Jazz? Etc. See where I’m going?

Cavs matchup better with the 18 Rockets than they did against the Warriors. Cavs/Rockets would’ve gon 6-7 games imo.

HELL NO.

Would've been repeat of 14', w/ LeBron heading to LA a year earlier.

I agree about Cavs rockets but I don’t think the Cavs would’ve beaten the spurs

No!

1. There's nothing more boring than a 7 game, or a 5 game, tournament between the #1 team vs the #8 team

2. There's currently 30 teams. They should do it like March Madness; One and done. All 30 teams make it to the playoffs and they play one game and the winner goes on to the next round.

I understand that the NBA makes money from 7 games series' but maybe they can raise the price of admission, or raise the price of ESPN.

The problem is that these long ass series' are boring.
This was a turrible take. Worst ive read in a long time.

Back