Welcome To aBlackWeb

NBA strongly considering significant changes that impact the season schedule

Most successful league got conferences, 6 teams per and single game elimination

niggas gotta turn the NBA into Mario Kart to justify them giving Jamal Murray 170Ms, pricing out the fans, losing half a bill a year cause..... privilege

meanwhile the sport just not savage enough to have the type of minds leading it that it has. Niggas doing a piss poor job marketing the sport/growing the business model for a global game so they gotta resort to this shit and captains of the all star teams

lmao sad

if there was a why to it based on the game, why not try it, but it’s purely economic

meanwhile the Germans can keep screaming “most progressive league”

meh....im not against it but im not asking for it either

everything has to evolve at some point tho

All this does is make me not care for 66 games instead of 82. Even still it all sounds really unnecessary. Would rather have all 16 playoff teams reseeded by best record & go from there. I’d even shorten the regular season by 10 or so games to account for the cross country trips for the playoff teams.

They should make the first round best of 5 again too

No!

1. There's nothing more boring than a 7 game, or a 5 game, tournament between the #1 team vs the #8 team

2. There's currently 30 teams. They should do it like March Madness; One and done. All 30 teams make it to the playoffs and they play one game and the winner goes on to the next round.

I understand that the NBA makes money from 7 games series' but maybe they can raise the price of admission, or raise the price of ESPN.

The problem is that these long ass series' are boring.

Lebron goes west and now mfs wanna do away with conferences :hahaha: yall aint slick
it's been do away with conferences when he was with both Miami and his second stint in Cleveland

at least for me

I've been thinkin that shit too, when kobe was facing the spurs, suns, mavs, etc in the first round, while lebron was moonwalkin to the finals in the east.

That's why all those finals appearances Lebron got don't mean shit to me, but I aint gonna turn this into a lebron vs kobe thread.

@King Freeman, you should've kept that post

that's where i was going with this but im not as versed about how it works in soccer

It was an unfinished thought. I hit post by accident. Lol.

But yeah I think the tournament could be a way for them globalize or at least expand the league if they were able to introduce a play in like soccer leagues have with lower divisions. It will lift the competition overall.

Something to think about with NBA Africa, and their relationship with the CBA and other European clubs.

I'm just throwing shit at the wall tho.

Last edited by a moderator:
My understanding is this would be a divisional tourney. You would go up against the 5 teams in your division for a cash pot and some type of incentive that goes towards the playoffs

For the first time in forever both conferences are equally matched and NOW Silver wants to change shit?

Back