Welcome To aBlackWeb

2019 NBA Playoffs West Finals: #1 Golden State Warriors vs #3 Portland Fraile and FailedBlazers (GSW sweeps 4-0 🧹)

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Does feel like KD's been chasing happiness in the world of the NBA for a while.
That's what people say but I wholly (that's right wholly) disagree

I think he's the happiest he's been since coming in

I think ppl misinterpret the defense on social media as insecurity

Miss me wit this over analytical bullshit I'm saying the grass won't be greener , there's several nba greats who put in work some league mvp's & won nothing

and you just said lebron should of won the finals mvp in 2015 cuz he led his team in every category despite the fact they LOST your opinion don't mean jack shit

What over analytical bullshit. You're missing the point. If he leaves GS, it won't be because the grass is greener. It will be because he wants the challenge of building and leading a team to a championship rather than just being the best player on a team that's championship caliber without him.

And MVP is most valuable player not most valuable winner. You can make an argument that his value to his team was greater than any single player on the GS roster despite the loss. Whether you like my opinion or not, is irrelevant.

So we’ve established that the #3 seed with a 1st Team All NBA player, in one of the toughest conferences in the modern era is “trash”

So were the Rockets with an MVP, another future HOFamer, and a solid roster trash, too?

That's what people say but I wholly (that's right wholly) disagree

I think he's the happiest he's been since coming in

I think ppl misinterpret the defense on social media as insecurity

ha ha nig..he got a burner account to answer fans back...how many pro katz really doing that?

So we’ve established that the #3 seed with a 1st Team All NBA player, in one of the toughest conferences in the modern era is “trash”

So were the Rockets with an MVP, another future HOFamer, and a solid roster trash, too?

Portland isn't trash. GS is just an OP team. They are basically tailor made for success in this era of basketball. At this point other teams are just trying to be like them, but they can't because they don't have the same pieces, so at best, they just become poor imitations.

When you go down 2-1 and and win games by a close margin to win in 6 to a team thats down two of their 3 best players, thats barely winning to me.

Nah. You are putting your emotions into it and trying to detract points because of what Bron did.

That’s not how it works. Them niggas won the series in 6 games. Full stop.

Injuries happen.

Guess what - Injuries and suspensions happened against Dubbs when the Cavs won in 16’. You neglected to mention those somehow.

You want to talk about “barely” winning. If we are going to use that logic, the Cavs were down 3-1 to that same team when they came back to win in the final moments of Game 7 ...

But we’re not doing that.

Because the Cavs won the series and we aren’t going to take points away from Bron or the Cavs because of what happened on the other side.

Your argument is - because the Cavs won on Bron being spectacular and a superhuman performance all series from Kyrie (any chance they may not happen every series he plays) on a shot taken in the final moments of Game 7 with injuries and a suspension on the other side ..

Because of that - they “NEED” KD to have any prayer at beating Lebron.

Just Think about that for a moment.

You act like Great players don’t lose titles or get beat by great competition.

Bird
Magic
Kareem
Kobe
Lebron

All of them niggas ...

I argue if the Dubbs run it back with better role players they are the favorites AGAIN in 17’

But that’s not what happened so now everyone has a hot take on how weak they are without KD.

ha ha nig..he got a burner account to answer fans back...how many pro katz really doing that?
You act like KD is the first with a burner...he's just the first to fuck up and get caught

Also maybe Durant wants to be candid but you obviously can't disclose shit like that just freely because of "optics" and "professionalism"

Nah. You are putting your emotions into it and trying to detract points because of what Bron did.

That’s not how it works. Them niggas won the series in 6 games. Full stop.

Injuries happen.

Guess what - Injuries and suspensions happened against Dubbs when the Cavs won in 16’. You neglected to mention those somehow.

You want to talk about “barely” winning. If we are going to use that logic, the Cavs were down 3-1 to that same team when they came back to win in the final moments of Game 7 ...

But we’re not doing that.

Because the Cavs won the series and we aren’t going to take points away from Bron or the Cavs because of what happened in the other side.

Your argument is - because the Cavs won in a superhuman performance all series from Kyrie (any chance they may not happen every series) on a shot taken in the final moments of Game 7 with a injuries and a suspension on the other side ..

Because of that - they “NEED” KD to have any prayer at beating Lebron.

Just Think about that for a moment.

You act like Greta players don’t lose titles and get beat by great competition.

Bird
Magic
Kareem
Kobe

All of them ...

I argue if they run it back with better role players they are the favorites AGAIN in 17’

But that’s not what happened so now everyone has a hot take on how weak they are without KD.

Fam we can agree to disagree.

If you come into a series as the overwhelming favorites before game 1, and then the 2nd best player on the opposing team gets injured during game 1, and you still fall behind 2-1 and then the next few games are close, thats barely winning to me.

Cool that you disagree and 6 games is 6 games to you regardless of how those 6 games played out.

Also, show one post where anyone said they need or are weak without KD.

I only said lets stop acting like they were unbeateable without KD.

Show one post from anyone that said they are weak without KD though, doesnt even have to be me.

You arguing a point no one made.

Last edited:
This era of journalism from 2010-now has really made niggas look at the wrong shit and just be flat out dumb

Look at what Chris broussard, Stephen A, skip bayless, and Zach Lowe have done to yall

Btw to echo that lillard dickeater Nate Jones I think Blake Griffin in Portland is interesting but idk how that works salary wise with dame about to sign an extension unless McCollum gets moved

Show one post from anyone that said they are better without KD though, doesnt even have to be me.
giphy.gif

Screenshot_20190521-120144_Samsung Internet.jpg

SAD2TeA.gif

What over analytical bullshit. You're missing the point. If he leaves GS, it won't be because the grass is greener. It will be because he wants the challenge of building and leading a team to a championship rather than just being the best player on a team that's championship caliber without him.

And MVP is most valuable player not most valuable winner. You can make an argument that his value to his team was greater than any single player on the GS roster despite the loss. Whether you like my opinion or not, is irrelevant.

No I'm not and I'm saying in this scenario the grass may not be greener.

jordan,kobe,lebron,iverson,barkley,wilt etc all at some point struggled to lead a team to a championship as the leader/failed

you must of forgot durant played on a thunder team that went to 4 wcf's and 1 finals and was one of the best teams in the west for years.

The only team to hand the unstoppable warriors back to back losses and had them down 3-1 and still couldn't win a title. Lol @ wanting that challange again

Kevin durant called his agent at 4am screaming "why did you let me do this to my life!!" lolll after choosing golden state

duke weak minded and cares what others think too much which is why he be online arguing with trolls and defending his decision like a clown would

If he leaves cuz of what others think he soft if he leaves cuz he wants some macho "challenge" of leading a team to a title as the leader he's gonna be screaming at his agent again when he realizes how hard it is

I hope he bounces cuz the warriors more fun to watch without iso durant

No I'm not and I'm saying in this scenario the grass may not be greener.

jordan,kobe,lebron,iverson,barkley,wilt etc all at some point struggled to lead a team to a championship as the leader/failed

you must of forgot durant played on a thunder team that went to 4 wcf's and 1 finals and was one of the best teams in the west for years.

The only team to hand the unstoppable warriors back to back losses and had them down 3-1 and still couldn't win a title. Lol @ wanting that challange again

Bruh I hear you. The point is competitors like Jordan, Kobe, Lebron, etc... want that challenge because they are competitive like that. KD wants to be considered in that same standing so he's got to do what they did that's all I'm saying. Kobe got 3 with Shaq, but he wasn't satisfied until he could get it without Shaq even to the point of doing some fuck boy shit to get Shaq out of there. Lebron got a couple with MIA but still went back to CLE because he didn't want people saying he could only do it with a proven champion like Wade. KD wants that challenge because if he wins that way, his legacy will be cemented in a way that it can't be on GS.

Fam we can agree to disagree.

If you come into a series as the overwhelming favorites before game 1, and then the 2nd best player on the opposing team gets injured during game 1, and you still fall behind 2-1 and then the next few games are close, thats barely winning to me.

Cool that you disagree and 6 games is 6 games to you regardless of how those 6 games played out.

Also, show one post where anyone said they need or are weak without KD.

I only said lets stop acting like they were unbeateable without KD.

Show one post from anyone that said they are without KD though, doesnt even have to be me.

You arguing a point no one made.

Who said the Warriors are “un beatable” without KD?

Certainly not me

I mean ... they were beaten ... so.

Just like virtually every Championship team in History. I just don’t think it’s an indictment against them like every one else does and you seem to imply.

“Because they were successful they should never fail”.

The inference I gathered from your post was that they couldn’t beat Lebron without KD.

Which is the prevailing narrative by far about them. I completely disagree with that notion.

But I don’t know of anyone who is saying the Dubbs were unbeatable without KD which you are apparently defending against.

It sounds more like trying to low key detract from Curry’s legacy which is the trend these days

Last edited:
Bruh I hear you. The point is competitors like Jordan, Kobe, Lebron, etc... want that challenge because they are competitive like that. KD wants to be considered in that same standing so he's got to do what they did that's all I'm saying. Kobe got 3 with Shaq, but he wasn't satisfied until he could get it without Shaq even to the point of doing some fuck boy shit to get Shaq out of there. Lebron got a couple with MIA but still went back to CLE because he didn't want people saying he could only do it with a proven champion like Wade. KD wants that challenge because if he wins that way, his legacy will be cemented in a way that it can't be on GS.

I was with you to this NO.Lebron went back to cleveland cuz the heat were flabby,capped out, in the luxury tax and the cavs had young kyrie and assets(#1 pick) to stack up another super team.Don't fall for the 'I wanted to do it for northeast ohio' bullshit nah he wanted to build super team #2 cuz the heat were flabby n sick and wade was declining.

and how do we know this? Durant joined a team that won 73 games & a championship without him now he wants to do it on his own to validate his legacy?

if durant hypothetically teams up with ad and kyrie will it be that impressive if he does win another title?

Yea I know KD ain't the only one, but to think he isn't using it cause he is not sensitive would be foolish.

Him and all those who are doing it are hyper sensitive! More than the average superstar.

When you go down 2-1 and and win games by a close margin to win in 6 to a team thats down two of their 3 best players, thats barely winning to me.

I would argue that was the best environment for Bron to succeed. You take two players who need the ball to be successful, especially Kyrie, and you put the ball solely in Bron's hands to make all the decisions.

More times than not you're getting the best shot available and spacing for Bron to attack the paint and kick out to shooters

Knowing that's exactly how Bron prefers to play makes sense why they pushed GS to 6 games.

Back