Welcome To aBlackWeb

NBA Offseason thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ofcourse just in the spirit of debate yall jump in and insert things that have never been said.

Not 1 in post did i say offense and defense should be held equal.

Curry might be the worst starting pg when it comes to defense, i always said he was top 10 though, just said defense matters enough to where Curry will never be top 3 to me. Defense matters enough to me where a top 3 player has to be atleast good at defense. Same with harden even when he averages 36 and goes on a offensive tear like he did. And Llilard. and the list goes on.

My only point is when you give players props for what they are supposed to do by creating a label like two way player, it gives players that dont play defense a pass. Its not done on purpose, but it makes defense a specialty skill like post moves and just like you dont get negatively impacted for not having post moves, you dont get negatively impacted for not playing defense.

Im open to debate but dont add things I never said cause then you disproving a point that wasnt made and then what is we really doing? Haha
Yeah, that’s where we disagree.

Let’s take Curry for example. Dude should be Top 5 IMO or close to it.

And if he didn’t fold in the playoffs when teams get more physical with him ... if he was unconscious and netting 35 footers while shooting 50/40/90 in the Finals ... 35 Points a game etc. - he would be Top 3.

Don’t give af about his defense not being elite. His impact on winning is elite.

You seem to gloss over the fact that he puts in effort and is a pretty good team defender when he wants to be, despite lacking the physical tools to be a good defensive player.

Because of that, he can be a starting PG on the best defensive team in the league - Despite how poor he is individually.

If you are the best player on your team and elite defensively but one of the worst at your position offensively - you will NOT have the best offensive team in the league.

You are overrating the impact of a player’s individual defense. It should be as important as it is proven to be.

Not what we arbitrarily deem it to be.

If Harden did what he did in the regular season in the playoffs - he would be the best player in the league.

If a guy is unstoppable and dominates the league, then dominates the playoffs then dominates the finals and leads his team to a chip ... say he does it 3 years in a row.

Are you going to sit here and talk about

“yeah but I don’t like his defense”

Lol. My nigga, who gives af?

You can’t stop him from WINNING.

That’s why they play the game.

Yeah, that’s where we disagree.

Let’s take Curry for example. Dude should be Top 5 IMO or close to it.

And if he didn’t fold in the playoffs when teams get more physical with him ... if he was unconscious and netting 35 footers while shooting 50/40/90 in the Finals ... 35 Points a game etc. - he would be Top 3.

Don’t give af about his defense not being elite. His impact on winning is elite.

You seem to gloss over the fact that he puts in effort and is a pretty good team defender when he wants to be, despite lacking the physical tools to be a good defensive player.

Because of that, he can be a starting PG on the best defensive team in the league - Despite how poor he is individually.

If you are the best player on your team and elite defensively but one of the worst at your position offensively - you will NOT have the best offensive team in the league.

You are overrating the impact of a player’s individual defense. It should be as important as it is proven to be.

Not what we arbitrarily deem it to be.

If Harden did what he did in the regular season in the playoffs - he would be the best player in the league.

If a guy is unstoppable and dominates the league, then dominates the playoffs then dominates the finals and leads his team to a chip ... say he does it 3 years in a row.

Are you going to sit here and talk about

“yeah but I don’t like his defense”

Lol. My nigga, who gives af?

You can’t stop him from WINNING.

That’s why they play the game.

Fam you know what also impacts winning? Defense.

And you know who will impact winning more if he played defense? Curry.

You know what else curry could do other than going 50-40-90 in the playoffs to be top? Playing defense.

You know what would put Curry on the top 3? Go ahead and guess. Fuck it ill tell you, defense.

How you go on a tirade about impacting wins and say you dont give a fuck about defense?

What wins championships? Defense.

Name the last team that won a ring without a top 10 defense. You cant

Shit got real dumb with your last post. Sounds like you dont really got a point and just debating to debate.

Fam you know what also impacts winning? Defense.

And you know who will impact winning more if he played defense? Curry.

You know what else curry could do other than going 50-40-90 in the playoffs to be top? Playing defense.

You know what would put Curry on the top 3? Go ahead and guess. Fuck it ill tell you, defense.

How you go on a tirade about impacting wins and say you dont give a fuck about defense?

What wins championships? Defense.

Name the last team that won a ring without a top 10 defense. You cant

Shit got real dumb with your last post. Sounds like you dont really got a point and just debating to debate.

Hold up - I never said defense didn’t matter. I said offense matters a lot more.

I see you ignored the part about the Dubbs having the best Defensive Team in the league while Curry was their starting PG...

It goes to show we have to isolate the ability to contribute to team defensive scheme VS Individual 1 on 1 Defense.

You referenced ”defense winning championships”.

The phrase should be “Team Defense wins Championships “.

Although individual offense is as much a factor if not more than team defense - Especially in today’s game.

Of course Steph or Harden would be seen as better players if they were better defensively.

But that is a moot point. They are who they are.

No one is arguing that.

At the same time, Lonzo Ball, Marcus Smart and Rudy Gobert would be worlds better players if they were better offensively.

They aren’t even in the same stratosphere as the aforementioned dudes - and you could argue they are the inverse basketball player - the type of player you would put in the same boat as Steph and Harden.

Elite Defensively
Average or Poor Offensively

I’m arguing that just because someone isnt elite defensively doesn’t mean they can’t be the best in the league. It depends on how much better they are than the field offensively and, more importantly, how much they impact winning.

I believe your position is a matter of preference; which is fine. It just isn’t backed up by the reality of Wins and Losses.

i disagree with that.

Still curious what your answer to the question is though

If Harden did what he did in the regular season in the playoffs - unstoppable and dominates the league

then dominates the playoffs then dominates the finals and leads his team to a chip ... say he does it 3 years in a row.

Are you going to sit here and say ”He’s not Top 10 in the league “

Still curious what your answer to the question is though

Why we going off ifs?

No one said you have to elite on defense either. Just hold your own.

End of the day if the opposing teams offensive scheme is to get a player to switch and be the on ball defender, he cant be top 5.

I did say this was my opinion like 5 posts ago though. So lets just agree to disagree.

65703287_10205762254373577_6687915128194596864_n.jpg

I wonder how Beta will take this.....

Looks like ben Simmons is getting sonned by wade again

Btw Simmons looks like he never interested in anything except kangaroo chains

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back