Welcome To aBlackWeb

NBA Offseason thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Age 24 season for Andrew Wiggins, no Jimmy Butler and probably the best offensive coach he's had.....anyone think he bounces back and has good year after the atrocious season he had last year or is he a lost cause?

Dude was actually solid his second and third year in the league but he really regressed a lot last season, stopped attacking the rim/getting to the freethrow line and even looked like he started to decline athletically too

Age 24 season for Andrew Wiggins, no Jimmy Butler and probably the best offensive coach he's had.....anyone think he bounces back and has good year after the atrocious season he had last year or is he a lost cause?

Dude was actually solid his second and third year in the league but he really regressed a lot last season, stopped attacking the rim/getting to the freethrow line and even looked like he started to decline athletically too

It would be nice to see but he seems to lack that fire that drives the very good to great players. I hope he proves me wrong.

Hoping he has a breakthrough. But I can't call it. I know some niggas that's around him and those niggas don't do shit but play 2k and smoke. Wiggy been putting more time in the gym than usual this year so we'll see.

I know masai gotta be watching him close.

Hoping he has a breakthrough. But I can't call it. I know some niggas that's around him and those niggas don't do shit but play 2k and smoke. Wiggy been putting more time in the gym than usual this year so we'll see.

I know masai gotta be watching him close.

Minnesota was a complete shit show the past year and a half......Thibs basically told Wiggins and Towns to get out of the way and let Jimmy work(which isnt necessarily wrong since Jimmy is the better player) however it marginalized the young building blocks and had a negative impact on Towns and Wiggns....especially Wiggins, dude completely checked out for the most part

Obviously in both Towns and Wiggins cases you'd like to see your franchise players be stronger mentally and man up during but Minnesota was a toxic situation from the top to the bottom.....Butler is out and they have a coach he "respects", no excuses for Wiggins for this year

Minnesota was a complete shit show the past year and a half......Thibs basically told Wiggins and Towns to get out of the way and let Jimmy work(which isnt necessarily wrong since Jimmy is the better player) however it marginalized the young building blocks and had a negative impact on Towns and Wiggns....especially Wiggins, dude completely checked out for the most part

Obviously in both Towns and Wiggins cases you'd like to see your franchise players be stronger mentally and man up during but Minnesota was a toxic situation from the top to the bottom.....Butler is out and they have a coach he "respects", no excuses for Wiggins for this year

He was fucked up before the butler shit.
Getting traded out of Cleveland fucked with him. He prepared mentally and financially to be there for months and basically had his shit flipped on its head outta left. And he got sent to a team with an even worst set up.

Towns, and lavine coming in never bothered him neither of them niggas alpha's so they all cliqued up quick.

When they broke those three up to bring in butler... big mistake. Sent him and towns spiraling. This was towns first taste. Wiggins been jaded since day one.

Thibs was never the right fit. They needed a better coach and another couple years and they would probably be Gucci coming into this one.

Idk bout wiggins man. I hope dude has a bounce year but what would a bounce back year even be? 18, 5, 3 at 47%? I think we would all say that would be a great year for him but saying wiggins was gonna get 18 ppg on his 4th year when he was being drafted, we would have all been disappointed.

Atleast he got paid though. If he ends up a bust as a player atleast he still got that 170 mil

Idk bout wiggins man. I hope dude has a bounce year but what would a bounce back year even be? 18, 5, 3 at 47%? I think we would all say that would be a great year for him but saying wiggins was gonna get 18 ppg on his 4th year when he was being drafted, we would have all been disappointed.

Atleast he got paid though. If he ends up a bust as a player atleast he still got that 170 mil

As sad as it sounds I think Minnesota would be thrilled if Wiggins got back to how played year 2 and 3........I dont think pretty really understand exactly how bad Wiggins was last season lol

As sad as it sounds I think Minnesota would be thrilled if Wiggins got back to how played year 2 and 3........I dont think pretty really understand exactly how bad Wiggins was last season lol

They lost a few games cause wiggins missed clutch free throws.

Its a bad look when your young max players free throw percentage dips. Shooting and 3 point shooting dipping can be explained away but free throw percentage going down is a bad fucking sign.

They lost a few games cause wiggins missed clutch free throws.

Its a bad look when your young max players free throw percentage dips. Shooting and 3 point shooting dipping can be explained away but free throw percentage going down is a bad fucking sign.

Thats the biggest thing.......he was always a streaker-trash shooter but at least he used to attack the rim and get to the freethrow line(and make them)....dude barely even dunks the bal

They asked him about that, why hes not dunking, and he said " I lost my mojo when it comes to that" basically because Thibs put him in the corner to be a spot up shooter while Jimmy did his thing lol

Thats the biggest thing.......he was always a streaker-trash shooter but at least he used to attack the rim and get to the freethrow line(and make them)....dude barely even dunks the bal

They asked him about that, why hes not dunking, and he said " I lost my mojo when it comes to that" basically because Thibs put him in the corner to be a spot up shooter while Jimmy did his thing lol

So Thibs destroyed another player? Lmao

Its not all on Thibs but ima run with that cause its funnier.

I saw a workout video of towns working on his handles that said something about him being a legit thread in PNR situations

Well, ok. You working on that but did you need to show footage so niggas can see what you been doing? He already don't like playing back to the basket and now he just moving further away from it but let everyone know what you been working on this off-season so they can try to exploit that.

Who is really to blame in these situations? Players or these trainers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back