Welcome To aBlackWeb

NBA Offseason thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man after there is another world war

You damn right you wanna see the top NBA players against the rest of the world

Fuck them niggas B

But this America now? Nah blow us out by 40

''Getting nothing in return when your best player walks away is painful...But if you have a good foundation in place, you can soften the blow. Such is the case with the Toronto Raptors''

''Such is the case with the Toronto Raptors. Even after the loss of Kawhi they have a nice core intact & should remain a playoff team in the EC...the Raps now revolve around much younger players. Siakam looks like a future star. FVV came up big in the NBA Finals. Norm & OG can be solid role players.''

The 905 are the Raptors own mini-academy

''The Raptors 905 began operations in 2015, but they have quickly risen up the ranks to become one of the G League’s premier franchises. They have made the G League playoffs the last three seasons running, winning it all in 2016 and making the finals in 2017.''

''The 905 had no shortage of talent last season, boasting the league MVP and Defensive Player of the Year in Chris Boucher, and another all-star in Jordan Loyd.''

“I think if you look at the big shots Fred hit in Game 6 of the Finals, you can trace those back to the ones he hit back in the G League championship two years prior,” Raptors 905 head coach Jama Mahlalela tells SB Nation. “The minutes that they got and the reps that they got on the court in those relatively big moments in the G League helped them in the super big moments in the NBA.”

The Raptors and the 905 run similar offenses, making the transition easier for players moving back and forth between the teams.

Players in the 905 system draw inspiration from Nurse and his journey to the top of his profession. There’s a common understanding in the organization of the grind it takes to make it in the NBA.

the 905 are located in Mississauga, only a 20-minute train ride from Toronto, which helps the Raptors quickly send players back & forth for practices/games, & gives the players and coaches more familiarity with one another. That closeness is, again, similar to a European soccer in which the first team trains near the youth teams, allowing for regular interaction among everyone at every level of the organization.

The Raptors are set to stay ahead of the curve

''The Raptors have a strong group of executives in place to ensure the 905 keep running like a well-oiled machine''

“I think it starts with [Raptors president] Masai [Ujiri] and goes to [general manager] Bobby [Webster] to Dan and down to myself, everyone has bought into the 905 system and what it can do for the organization,“ Sanders says. “Everyone cares about what’s happening with 905 and that makes it much easier for me when everyone above me hears about what’s happening.”

''European soccer clubs operate in the same fashion. The sporting director, if there is one, also keeps tabs on the academies and youth teams.''

'In an era of the NBA when teams like the 76ers have tanked their way into contention, the Raptors have taught the league something different: Prioritize youth and players in your own building, and you can build a championship team. Toronto’s soccer-like approach to talent has resulted in an efficient way of producing NBA players. The loss of Leonard hurts, but thanks in large part to the 905, the Raptors should be a playoff contender for the foreseeable future''

That organic shit.

Speaking of year 3 guys who else yall checking for?

Besides Markkanen im probably looking at Jonathan Isaac, OG, Bam, Harry Giles and Fultz the most

I would say Frank Nitti but I think hes going to be marginalized way too much in New York

Guys like Foxx, Tatum ect are obvious

I'm a Spurs fan so of course I'm looking for jump in production from Dejounte Murray, Bryn Forbes and Derrick White. I'm very interested in seeing if Stanley Johnson and O.G. Anunoby take a jump in production for Toronto. I'm rooting for Fultz to play well in Orlando and Bruno Caboclo to add on to the potential he showed at the end of the season in Memphis

The other countries are sending their best players to these tournaments and the Olympics if the players are okay with competing. So why shouldn't USA? Other countries have NBA players on their national team rosters also. Australia has a few NBA players and if Simmons decides to play in the Olympics they could come close to medaling if healthy

The last Olympics Spain played a stacked USA team pretty close in the medal rounds, so not every game has been a blow out and coach K had the best players suiting up in most of the games he coached to get him that great record.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back