Welcome To aBlackWeb

NBA Offseason thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most won't acknowledge it but the Knicks have done a phenomenal job acquiring assets. I think we're easily one of the deepest teams in the league with the biggest thing holding us back being the lack of a star in a star driven league.

01. RJ Barret
02. Kevin Knox
03. Mitchell Robinson
04. Julius Randle
05. Dennis Smith Jr.
06. Ignas Brazdeikis
07. Alonzo "Iso Zo" Trier
08. Bobby Portis
09. Elfrid Payton
10. Wayne Ellington
11. Marcus Morris
12. Damyean Dotson
13. Frank Ntilikina
14. Kadeem Allen

And currently working with a $4.8mil room exception that we have available to bring Reggie Bullock back into the fold after the health issues came up. And coming out of the initial deal falling apart Bullock and his agent have said the Knicks have handled the matter like a first class organization.

The front office has done right by us this offseason despite the perception.
From top to bottom we have quality players that would get good heavy rotation minutes for every other team in the league.
Because it's a league of stars, the middle and top of the conference is out of reach for us, but it's about time folks start appropriately analyzing our potential.

Aside from the star factor our biggest issue might be having too much depth. But that should pay off come middle of the season where we can easily flip a few players at the bottom of our depth chart for additional assets to teams in the playoff hunt.

Handful of you all found this post to be humorous but when you step away from ESPN's lazy takes and slants for entertainments sake you'd know that the Knicks have 14 people on payroll that averaged over 20 mins a game last season. The only ones on the roster that haven't are the two incoming rookies. So that's 14 of 16 players that averaged 20mpg last season. Kadeem Allen will likely be sent to G-League bringing the total to 13 of the 15 man roster.

My point was only that there's a lot of quality minutes to go around on the team and a few people will be getting their minutes significantly cut. [Looking at you Ntilikina].

If you know you know.

Handful of you all found this post to be humorous but when you step away from ESPN's lazy takes and slants for entertainments sake you'd know that the Knicks have 14 people on payroll that averaged over 20 mins a game last season. The only ones on the roster that haven't are the two incoming rookies. So that's 14 of 16 players that averaged 20mpg last season. Kadeem Allen will likely be sent to G-League bringing the total to 13 of the 15 man roster.

My point was only that there's a lot of quality minutes to go around on the team and a few people will be getting their minutes significantly cut. [Looking at you Ntilikina].

If you know you know.

18lPvKY_zpsa6b3fbd9.gif

Tony Wroten
MCW
Hollis Thompson
Nik Stauskus
K.J. McDaniels

were all getting 20 minutes a game at one time too.

:nigga2:

Damn shame he can't have his usual number bcuz The Heat decided to retire Jordans

d29ad25e1cc990b993a632fe93e949c6.jpg

:Pathetic:

Them niggas could have logged 100 minutes a game, bruh.

It doesn’t mean they are the “deepest team in the league”

- If you know, you know

Look at this guy.

Show me where I said THE deepest team in the league. You knew exactly what I meant because it was written clearly but decided to draw it to the max. The exact ESPN clown shit I was talking about when it comes to discussions on the Knicks.

I also very clearly didn’t say we’re amongst the best. Just that you can’t name too many teams with our depth 1 through 15 asset wise.

- If you know, reading is fundamental, you know.

g1432024591189673818.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back