Welcome To aBlackWeb

NBA Highlight Reel Battle 1: MJ vs Kobe

Who has the better career highlight reel?

• MJ

Votes: 8 57.1%
  • Kobe

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Toss-up

Votes: 2 14.3%

• Total voters
MJ has sold millions of shoes and has helped create highlight shows such as sportscenter etc based off of his highlights.
MJ's highlights are just more iconic imo.

The 63 point game vs Boston.

The slam dunk contests.

The shot on Ehlo.

The switch of hands on LA (overrated btw)

The poster dunks on Ewing etc.

The shoulder shrug vs Portland.

The shot vs Utah.

Etc.

MJ and his highlights are part of the reason why the NBA is so popular.

I go back and forth on the bold. In the end, I think it deserves all the accolades it gets. In the end, it shows that he was more unstoppable than even he believed. Like there was no reason for him to do what he did at all. The only reason he did it was because he kinda sensed motion and thought someone could get his shot, but the truth is no one had a shot of stopping him even if he didn't switch hands.

I think since Kobe has basically bitten MJ's whole steez it's kinda obvious who has the better highlight reel.

giphy.gif

I put an option on the poll those who believe it could go either way. Honestly, I'm there. I liked MJ better as a player, but some of those moves in the Kobe highlight reel are ridiculous.

I agree with everything you said but that switch from a dunk to a layup on Sam Perkins was ironic...nobody was creating like that in the air at that time.

In slo-mo it looks ok, but in real time that shit was goat.

That nig said he was about to dunk it but seen long arm Sam Perkins and was like naaah I will just lay it up...in mid air! Ha ha I mean damn...

That nig-gave niggas a style to run with.

I think Kobe's 3 3's under pressure against Toronto and the under pressure 3's to get into over time and win it over Portland were the most impressive.

I picked Kobe only because I saw a lot of those Kobe highlights live or in the moment in highlight reels and shit.

Man mj with that move against the nets was ridiculous and him doing the old man Logan act and doing that two hand block on Mercer was vicious

Back