• He was drafted too high

Votes: 8 88.9%
  • He didn’t work on his game enough

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters

Sony Montana

Core Four
Mod Squad
Hey guys, I’m here to start a thread series that focuses on the players who came into the league with expectations and didn’t really pan out for whatever reason and players who were drafted at really high position and that player hasn’t amounted to anything

Today we are focusing on:

Evan Turner

461228377_crop_north.jpg

• Drafted with the 2nd pick in the 2010 NBA Draft to the Philadelphia 76ers
  • Played for 5 teams in 10 Years
  • Career Averages of 10 points, 4.5 rebounds and 3.5 assists
  • Pre draft he drew comparisons to Brandon Roy
Did Turner fail because he was drafted too high, because we were duped into thinking he was special or because he went to a sixers team that was not equipped to properly develop him as a player?

There even was an argument in circles that Turner should go #1 over Wall

Reggie Miller Pre Draft:

“there’s no way you can pass up a talent like Evan Turner. He’s a combo guard. I think immediately, he’s going to be better than John Wall. There’s a learning curve for John Wall.”

If he was drafted too high, it's cause that draft was weak. If we redrafted considering what we know now, would he make the lottery?
Let’s see:

Paul George
John wall
Demarcus Cousins
Gordon Hayward
Eric Bledsoe
Hassan Whiteside
Greg Monroe
Derrick Favors
Avery Bradley
Evan Turner

So he’s 10th? Lol

unless Jeremy Lin and lance Stephenson you wanna put ahead of him

for the other two voters

it can be argued that all busts were drafted too high but can y’all really say ET didn’t deserve to be a top 3 pick that year?

he clearly just fleeced everybody by his game not translating and not working hard enough to get better

Too high and if I remember correctly even tho it was a high pick they were in playoff position so he got thrown into the fire right away an didn't get the development his game needed most notably his shooting.

Drafted WAY too fuckin high.

He was the beginning of the tank era, unofficially. I always maintained that Philly should’ve drafted Boogie at 2. They already had Iggy, so Turner really wasn’t needed. However, Sixer brass thought Boogie was too much of a head case, and Turner was the “safe pick.”

Turns out Turner was Diet Iggy, who is already Diet LeBron. Fuckin waste of a pick.

Last edited:
He was really good in school and the draft wasn't the strongest so I believe those are the 2 main reasons he was drafted so high.

He was a solid rotation player and could be a really good 6th man if you have the right players around him though.

Back