• Underachieving For Now But There’s Hope

Votes: 8 61.5%
  • He’s The Player I Expected

Votes: 4 30.8%

• Total voters

Sony Montana

Core Four
Mod Squad
Hey guys, I’m here to start a thread series that focuses on the players who came into the league with expectations and didn’t really pan out for whatever reason and players who were drafted at really high position and that player hasn’t amounted to anything

Today we are focusing on:

Josh Jackson

usa_today_10771493.0.jpg

• Drafted with the 4th Pick in the 2017 Draft to the Phoenix Suns
  • Traded to Grizzlies where he spent some time in the G League
  • Career Averages of 12 points and 4 Rebounds
Can Josh Jackson’s Career turn around for the better or is he not gonna be much more productive than he’s been?

Last edited:
How many years to decide if he bust status?

After his rookie deal is up?

How many years to decide if he bust status?

After his rookie deal is up?
Idk there’s no set parameters but come on he’s a bust he was a top 5 pick and spent time in the G league In his 3rd season and isn’t a starter for a fringe playoff level team

I think Memphis is a good spot for him. They have a younger team and front office who’s head is not up their asses.
What you think he gonna do when Justise is actually playing?

is he just a solid role player? And that still counts as underachieving

he had comparisons to jimmy butler/Kawhi/ Igoudala coming in

What you think he gonna do when Justise is actually playing?

is he just a solid role player? And that still counts as underachieving

he had comparisons to jimmy butler/Kawhi/ Igoudala coming in

Winslow coming back for the restart?

Right now he probably should just focus on fitting in that role off the bench. Until he strings together some consistent years this is gonna be his lane.

Winslow coming back for the restart?

Right now he probably should just focus on fitting in that role off the bench. Until he strings together some consistent years this is gonna be his lane.
I know winslow is healthy for the restart but idk if he’ll actually play though

but Jackson also has to fight for mins with brooks and Kyle Anderson

I think he can be a decent guy in a few years but a top 5 pick and he already gone from the suns and he’s not even gonna be a fringe allstar player

imagine drafting a role player with an iffy attitude with the 4th pick

He’s what I expected. I was tight when I was reading how high Magic was on him in the pre draft process when we had the # 2 pick. Never saw a star type.

Besides that I think he can be a solid role player moving forward. In Memphis he’s improved so far. I can see him being an Ariza type moving forward. If he keeps up what he’s showing in Memphis.

Last edited:
It’s about what I expected. Can see him being a key role player off the bench for a title team. His ceiling could be a obscure 3rd team All-NBA appearance depending on the situation cuz he has talent.

It’s about what I expected. Can see him being a key role player off the bench for a title team. His ceiling could be a obscure 3rd team All-NBA appearance depending on the situation cuz he has talent.
3rd team all NBA? Wow

My ceiling for him is being Robert Covington without the shooting

As his defensive ability and potential is higher than his offensive

He'd have to be a top 15-20 player to do All-NBA 3rd team. Don't see him ever approaching that

Seems more his attitude amd mindset holding him back more than anything. He has the talent but the suns were not the right situation for him entering the league. Not enough steady vets (I think he came in with the fuckboy morris twins as his vets and those niggas were cussing out coaches and shit) no culture, bad coaching, overall bad organization.

Gotta land in the right spots. The talent is there tho. Really just about his maturity and if he gets it before it's too late.

Still pretty young and a really good athlete so I say it's still enough time for him to be an NBA player. Maybe not good enough to justify how high he was drafted but you never know

Back