Welcome To aBlackWeb

NBA Busts and Underachievers (#6)

What’s DSJ’s Potential if he can escape the knicks?

• Role player

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • 6th man

• Starter on a bad team (Terry Rozier)

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Fringe All star

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • CSKA Moscow

• Total voters

Sony Montana

Core Four
Mod Squad
Hey guys, I’m here to start a thread series that focuses on the players who came into the league with expectations and didn’t really pan out for whatever reason and players who were drafted at really high position and that player hasn’t amounted to anything

Today we are focusing on:

Dennis Smith Jr

image.jpg

• Drafted with the 9th Pick in the 2017 NBA Draft
  • Career Averages of 12.5 points and 4.5 assists on 40% shooting
  • J. Cole’s Friend and Jumps High but cant palm the ball

Now while I think DSJ has potential I think he won’t figure things out for another 2 years. He has to work on his defense, moving without the ball, and shooting. And I’m not calling him a bust but if he’s not careful he is going to turn into another Emmanuel mudiay (did you know he’s still only 23?) where NBA heads don’t think he’ll amount to anything besides a role playing backup PG which is somewhere DSJ is on track of going..

The Knicks run might be warping my perception

Cska Moscow wouldn’t have ever entered my thought process pre Knicks. Duke was awful & I can see it now tho smh.

Idk tbh. He’s one of those guys who desperately needs to end up with a great developmental coach his next gig or he’s outta here.

Yeah his run with the knicks has just been so inconsistent because of the injuries and the death of a family member and then constant shuffling between him, Payton and frank and shitty coaching and development

Mavs didn’t give him a fair shake as soon as Luka came and knicks don’t really look at him as a building block. He has the potential though but he went from good situation to iffy situation to bad one

I can see him being out the league in a year or two but I think he can give you 15 and 5 off the bench on a solid team but he is gonna have to adjust how he approaches the game

Hey guys, I’m here to start a thread series that focuses on the players who came into the league with expectations and didn’t really pan out for whatever reason and players who were drafted at really high position and that player hasn’t amounted to anything

Today we are focusing on:

Dennis Smith Jr

image.jpg

• Drafted with the 9th Pick in the 2017 NBA Draft
  • Career Averages of 12.5 points and 4.5 assists on 40% shooting
  • J. Cole’s Friend and Jumps High but cant palm the ball

Now while I think DSJ has potential I think he won’t figure things out for another 2 years. He has to work on his defense, moving without the ball, and shooting. And I’m not calling him a bust but if he’s not careful he is going to turn into another Emmanuel mudiay (did you know he’s still only 23?) where NBA heads don’t think he’ll amount to anything besides a role playing backup PG which is somewhere DSJ is on track of going..
Don't even matter, put him, and Frank, & whoever else outside of RJ & Mitch on the trade block for Devin Booker. Fam is wasting his time in Phoenix & he knows it

Don't even matter, put him, and Frank, & whoever else outside of RJ & Mitch on the trade block for Devin Booker. Fam is wasting his time in Phoenix & he knows it
Lol @ getting booker without attaching barrett

RJ
DSJ
A first round pick and an expiring PF

LOL we gotta try, Frank gotta go too. Suns been giving in to questionable moves, why stop now. Unless we get hosed again in the draft Lottery
Frank does have to go to have a decent career

but can DSJ Reach his potential on the knicks or is he being held back by elfrid payton and the guard the knicks are gonna draft (Lamelo)

Coaches don’t believe him and they killed his confidence. Compare that to Mudiay who was solid for them last year. He can still be a good player just needs to find the right situation, too bad the league is so talented at the PG position...

I think his ceiling is backup PG for the rest of his career unless he goes the Shane Larkin route and dominates Europe lol

He isn't even starter level at CSKA Moscow. They actually have had a really good team the last 5 or 6 season's

Dude was over hyped coming out of school due to him being a great athlete. He isn't that good of a basketball player and never really was that good in school.

Back