Welcome To aBlackWeb

NBA Busts and Underachievers (#5)

Can He Still Be A Productive Featured Big Man?

• Nah it’s too late

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Yes he’s still young

• Maybe but it’ll be tough

• Total voters

Sony Montana

Core Four
Mod Squad
Hey guys, I’m here to start a thread series that focuses on the players who came into the league with expectations and didn’t really pan out for whatever reason and players who were drafted at really high position and that player hasn’t amounted to anything

Today we are focusing on:

Jahlil Okafor

i

• Drafted With the 3rd Pick in the 2015 NBA Draft
  • Averaged 17 and 7 in his rookie season
  • Hasn’t played 22+ mins a game since
  • Career Averages of 11 points and 5 rebounds

Terrific offensive minded C/PF that can’t play any defense and was drafted into a bad situation. Can Jah do anything to stop himself from being a 3rd string big man who is a Jaxon Hayes improvement from being out the league?

It's over, bro.

Three teams in the last three years? Nah. His lack of defense has been exposed way too many times.

Once he gets from bounced the NOLA, he might as well take it on over to Europe.

Yet another shitty pick by Philly this century. (Turner, Okafur, Fultz)

It's over, bro.

Three teams in the last three years? Nah. His lack of defense has been exposed way too many times.

Once he gets from bounced the NOLA, he might as well take it on over to Europe.

Yet another shitty pick by Philly this century. (Turner, Okafur, Fultz)

Sadly I agree.

I think he would mess around and be great in Europe though. If he goes over there and embraces this is his new profession and doesnt pout i think he could put in work. The play still isn't as wide open like the NBA which works in his favor or course he still has to get smarter on defense because they will expose his lack of BBIQ over there quick also. But physically he would be okay I think.

He did a good job of getting in better shape and working on his game, he might be able to be a solid backup center going forward

I just pray for dude mental health. He seems in good spirits now but idk how many Ls he can keep taking if he gets cut. I believe he would thrive overseas

Philly did all them young niggaz so wrong..they were willing to put the city on the shoulders of young kids not yet built to handle that..then when they cracked..their own gm shitted on them and they sent those cats to organizations built worst than them. That shit was called "the process" and I peep how nobody cared what philly was doing to them young black men..its a fucking shame

Philly did all them young niggaz so wrong..they were willing to put the city on the shoulders of young kids not yet built to handle that..then when they cracked..their own gm shitted on them and they sent those cats to organizations built worst than them. That shit was called "the process" and I peep how nobody cared what philly was doing to them young black men..its a fucking shame
I agree with the sentiment

Back