Welcome To aBlackWeb

Navient reaches a 1.85 billion deal to settle claims of predatory behavior wirh Student loans in 39 states.

Never thought about that. Could you or some explain the correlation between scholarships and grants with the high price of tuition?

Well I just know that any time someone argues about how college costs are inflated, the lazy rebuttal is usually “well if you study hard enough you can get scholarships/grants.”

IMO that cop out is the argument most responsible for nothing changing when it comes to college costs

If colleges want to incentivize good grades then give good students an ACTUAL discount and get more of them on your campus. There is no reason that the college should still be getting the full cost of admission through other means (grants/scholarships).

I was under the impression that Govt back student loans is the primary driver in tuition costs because they are guaranteed by the govt and cannot be discharged nor refinanced allowing for predatory lending. Didn’t the grants by the state fall in the time student loans became a bigger thing. The argument has been I can afford to pay what I owe but allow me the opportunity to refinance and discharge the loans that lack of guarantee should cause for pause from Colleges.

I the settlement is mainly for those who defaulted already... College is a govt sponsored racket... the cost is insane for a depreciating value

Back