Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY Name The Top 5 Coaches In The NBA

Sony Montana

Core Four
Mod Squad
This thread was inspired by this clown

But I never really thought of it so I wanted to know what y'all think

Heard this last night lol. Dan is something else. Spo is at least a top 5 coach in the nba currently

Dan has had some wild takes all Summer League. I think Spo isn't top 3 right now coaching but he is most definitely top 10 and probably top 5. I think Brad Stevens is a really good coach but some what overrated and I think we are about to truly find out how good Steve Kerr really is this season.

Top two for me without thinking is
Pop & Doc

Its tough ranking coaches because you have to balance looking at the whole career vs recent success

No order

Pop
Rivers
Carlisle
Spo
Stevens
Atkinson
Bud
Kerr
Nurse

That 10th spot could go to Malone, Dantoni, Mcmillian, Gentry or Snyder.....Id have to think about it

Dan is tripping when he said Spo isn't top 10. I think he is a good coach that showed he can manage superstar egos as well as coach up flawed role players.

Pop
Doc
Kerr
Nurse
Carlisle

Brad Stevens always been wild overrated to me. This season proved it imo. He can lift up some shitty players and squeeze some unexpected wins but he's soft when it comes to players and managing championship talent. Boston had everything a team needed to get out the east this year, but he couldn't manage egos when it mattered most.

Spo does an excellent job at maximizing middling talent

He changed James Johnson's career trajectory, made Olynyk a better player, made Ellington set 3 pt records, took Whiteside from the G league to a 100 mil player, turned Tyler Johnson into a decent role player, etc

I think he's arguably top 6 but there's a case to being top 5

I'd put

Pop
D'Antoni
Budenholzer
Doc

Over him

Maybe snyder but I'm out on carlisle

If this was two years ago I'd have him top 5 but he fell off imo

Spo does an excellent job at maximizing middling talent

He changed James Johnson's career trajectory, made Olynyk a better player, made Ellington set 3 pt records, took Whiteside from the G league to a 100 mil player, turned Tyler Johnson into a decent role player, etc

I think he's arguably top 6 but there's a case to being top 5

I'd put

Pop
D'Antoni
Budenholzer
Doc

Over him

Maybe snyder but I'm out on carlisle

If this was two years ago I'd have him top 5 but he fell off imo

Foh with dantoni. Bud is Dwayne Casey status. He has no answers for his players in the post season. Snyder is underrated I'll give you that.

I think Carlisle is still a good coach but Cuban has given him even less than usual to work with since winning the championship and hes been dealing with a declining star in a stacked conference

Doc had a few down years until he kind of reminded people this season

I wouldnt put him top 10 but Nate McMillian has been impressive during his time with Indiana compared to how I felt about him when he got the job

Sorry...no team that has kyrie on it should count against the coach...let me guest T.Lue did such a fantastic job managing Kyrie's ego?

Dantoni I dont think is a good coach...and Spo..I honestly dont even notice him..but i am not watching heat games either

But in general these list are funny to me..cause a lot of you react to the moment than actually the body of work..

I can remember back on the old IC how some posters were calling Doc Rivers overrated and said he wasnt shit without KG,Paul and Ray Allen...now he getting props again...

Emm...

Pop
Rivers
Carlisle
Kerr (before the hype..he did what mark Jackson didnt do...)
Synder (like what he is doing in Utah)

Like my list would change my opinion about people's list. Still the same. Niggas too touche.

ha ha why do some of you guys act like hoes for real? I didnt diss anyone's list....but some of you take offense to shit quickly....

I basically said some judge off of current moments instead of a coaches body of work..(gave the Doc Rivers example) but niggas wanna act like i torn apart peoples list or said they dont know sh8t about ball.....niggas in here said "fuck out of here about Dantoni"

but i guess that was cool....man..man up!

Back