Welcome To aBlackWeb

Name the most overachieving team of your lifetime.

NBA
Most of the Steve Nash-led Suns teams in the 00s. Stay styling in the regular season, only to get dropped as soon as May shown up. Never once made it to June.

'95 Houston Rockets. How the fuck does a 6 seed win the West - and the title?

The '99 Knicks that lost to SA in the Finals. Fluke ass run for an 8 seed.

The '08-'09 Orlando Magic. I've ALWAYS said that team was a fluke, and they only won the East cause KG went down in March. The Celtics proved that the next season.

MLB
Both Marlins WS title teams. Won despite their own wanting to strip the team to the bone.

"Moneyball" Oakland As team.

116-win Seattle Mariners. Didn't even make the WS that year.

NFL
The '99-'00 Tennessee Titans. Minus the "Music City Miracle", they shouldn't made that Bowl vs. The Greatest Show on Turf.

Of ALL the Pats teams that won the Bowl, only the "Tuck Rule" ones I'll give that overachieving nod to. It ain't their fault that the Falcons ending up Falconing, and the Rams sucked and didn't belong there.

Speaking of THOSE Rams, THEY belong here more than the Pats. No PI non-call = No Bowl.

Last edited:
NBA
Most of the Steve Nash-led Suns teams in the 00s. Stay styling in the regular season, only to get dropped as soon as May shown up. Never once made it to June.

'95 Houston Rockets. How the fuck does a 6 seed win the West - and the title?

The '99 Knicks that lost to SA in the Finals. Fluke ass run for an 8 seed.

The '08-'09 Orlando Magic. I've ALWAYS said that team was a fluke, and they only won the East cause KG went down in March. The Celtics proved that the next season.

MLB
Both Marlins WS title teams. Won despite their own wanting to strip the team to the bone.

"Moneyball" Oakland As team.

116-win Seattle Mariners. Didn't even make the WS that year.

NFL
The '99-'00 Tennessee Titans. Minus the "Music City Miracle", they shouldn't made that Bowl vs. The Greatest Show on Turf.

Of ALL the Pats teams that won the Bowl, only the "Tuck Rule" ones I'll give that overachieving nod to. It ain't their fault that the Falcons ending up Falconing, and the Rams sucked and didn't belong there.

Speaking of THOSE Rams, THEY belong here more than the Pats. No PI non-call = No Bowl.

Money ball was just analytics so I ain’t gon call it a fluke

What do you think bout the 04 & 05 Pistons squads?

Cause both them teams had a lot of similarities imo.

1 star who could start on every other team in the league (Kidd & Rasheed), that lead a team of secondary/role players.

You can get to the finals and overachieve but you can't win it all and overachieve imo. If you win it you were supposed to win it. Championships aren't given.

Back