Welcome To aBlackWeb

Poll My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy vs DAMN.

Which is the better album?

• Total voters
At least all of the beat songs on DAMN are bcuz of K.Dot. The best songs on MBDTF are bcuz of the features.

Damn by default.

Power had no rap features. Neither did all the lights. Gorgeous would of been great w/o Raekwon. "Devil in a red dress" was fine w/o Rick Ross. His verse actually threw the song off for me. I usually skipped his verse.

Power had no rap features. Neither did all the lights. Gorgeous would of been great w/o Raekwon. "Devil in a red dress" was fine w/o Rick Ross. His verse actually threw the song off for me. I usually skipped his verse.

LOL @Power and All of The Lights w/ them struggle bars.

Like somebody said production and features carried this album. You my have felt you could do w/o Rea and Ross' verses but they was there none the less and help this overrated ass album.

LOL @Power and All of The Lights w/ them struggle bars.

Like somebody said production and features carried this album. You my have felt you could do w/o Rea and Ross' verses but they was there none the less and help this overrated ass album.
Power has over.....I'm not doing this today

When the album came out it was critically acclaimed and was up for many awards for art and Kanye/Defjam were trying to have it recognized for a laureate award and wanted to be featured on Time Magazine but it fell short of the criteria. Ye said it's a shame and that when he dies he wanted to be remembered like a president. Ye argued he was overlooked because he's outspoken. It only won for music awards. Steve Stoute later used it in the Tanning of America and Toure said it was racist that they overlooked it.

MBDTF paved the way for a lot of artists. And was the first Kanye album to even be recognized on that level for such high achievement. I guess for now they'll settle with it being honoured at Harvard.
So Yeezy was sacrificed so Kung Fu could live

Sounds right

C'mon on bruh. Y'all need to check out that dope ass podcast called Dissect. Dude breaks down albums amazingly from samples to production to lyrics. MBDTF is insanity.

Listening to this podcast and found out Runaway was freestyled by kanye & verses laid within 4 mins of hearing the original beat.

:clawd2:

Fuck a ghostwriter

Only song I skip on DAMN is Humble... I slept on it for a long time, but when I did get to it it stayed on repeat for a good while..

But I'll say this about MDBTF...

EVERY SONG WAS TOO DAMN LONG!

Cut the jumping out the window part on Power...

Cut the Ross intro and Bon Iver Outro on Monster...

Cut like 5 minutes off Runaway...

Cut Cyhi off So Appalled...

And btw, look at those tracklistings...

DAMN had 3 features and one of em was U2...

MDBTF had fifty-eleven, and that's not counting Jay on So Appalled or Fergie, Cudi and a bunch of others on All of the Lights...

And your my boy @Sion but 808s has more to do with the current landscape than MDBTF...

It’s Kanye for me. I like Kendrick’s album but mbdtf is what niggas still go to Kanye to try to achieve.

Oddly enough I am listening to MBDTF as I type this. Had to let it ride on my way in to work this morning. MBDTF is one of my favorite rap albums of all time and Ye's best album imo. I think a better comparison would've been MBDTF vs. GKMC cause while DAMN is cool it ain't close to MBDTF.
MBDTF >> GKMC >> DAMN.

Dammit Goldie....

DAMN. Easily

48a3ac381a5470dc09ceac9a90ac381993d66d9af383b020fb94207701dbb01d.jpg

Only song I skip on DAMN is Humble... I slept on it for a long time, but when I did get to it it stayed on repeat for a good while..

But I'll say this about MDBTF...

EVERY SONG WAS TOO DAMN LONG!

Cut the jumping out the window part on Power...

Cut the Ross intro and Bon Iver Outro on Monster...

Cut like 5 minutes off Runaway...

Cut Cyhi off So Appalled...

And btw, look at those tracklistings...

DAMN had 3 features and one of em was U2...

MDBTF had fifty-eleven, and that's not counting Jay on So Appalled or Fergie, Cudi and a bunch of others on All of the Lights...

And your my boy @Sion but 808s has more to do with the current landscape than MDBTF...

@Benjamin E coming thru like Snoop

MixedBlaringHornedviper-max-1mb.gif

MBDTF is the most overrated good album ever. There’s great joints and tracks that are just bloated & pretentious as hell. It’s always felt forced and inorganic. Trying so hard to be hailed as an artistic classic record. It’s still a good album and right behind College Dropout & Late Regestration.. but classic no.

Last edited:
Back