Welcome To aBlackWeb

Muhammad Ali vs Mike Tyson

Ali vs Tyson

• Muhammad Ali (56-5)

Votes: 17 68.0%
  • Mike Tyson (44-6)

Votes: 8 32.0%

• Total voters
The 2 goats, but Ali is THE Goat. He beat better competition and had a better return to the game (ali after suspension/ tyson after prison).

The 2 goats, but Ali is THE Goat. He beat better competition and had a better return to the game (ali after suspension/ tyson after prison).

There's no question who had the better career.

But the question remains; could a 21 year old Ali beat a 21 year old Tyson?

The more research I do the more I think Tyson would beat Ali.

I just checked Floyd Patterson and Sonny Liston's records. Neither Patterson nor Liston successfully defended their title. In other words, Patterson won the title and lost it on his next fight against Johansen. Then he won a rematch and his next fight was against Liston which he lost. Liston's next fight was a rematch with Patterson, then he fought Cassius Clay, which he lost.

Patterson defended his title once and lost, Liston successfully defended his title once in his rematch with Patterson, then he fought Cassius Clay.

People talk about how Ali fought better competition.

I think Tyson fought the same level of competition, but he knocked them out in 1 or 2 rounds whereas most of Ali's wins (and losses) were by decision.

As far as that clip from This is 50, I think he was being humble. Also Ali is seen as a person with high moral character and integrity so it's politically incorrect to say bad things about him.

Last edited:
@5 Grand

Why u make this same exact thread 2x bruh?

Atleast u opened this 1 w ur opinion

I mean you were on life support w covid for months so maybe ya forgot.

I hope you eating healthier and exercising now bruh

Last edited:
If we're talking about Tyson with the team that made him successful (D'Amato and Rooney), I think he could beat Ali. He was very good at following the right gameplan, and Ali never fought anyone like Tyson. Ali beat heavy punchers like Foreman and Frazier, but neither of them were as mobile or skilled as Tyson.

You take away Tyson's guidance though, and he would have no shot against Ali. Ali would basically get in his head and beat before the fight even starts.

If we're talking about Tyson with the team that made him successful (D'Amato and Rooney), I think he could beat Ali. He was very good at following the right gameplan, and Ali never fought anyone like Tyson. Ali beat heavy punchers like Foreman and Frazier, but neither of them were as mobile or skilled as Tyson.

You take away Tyson's guidance though, and he would have no shot against Ali. Ali would basically get in his head and beat before the fight even starts.

I've had this debate 100s of times irl

Prime Mike vs prime ali.

If Ali survives the 1st 3rd rounds, he wins

This is widely considered prime ali...( and imho ain't no one beating this ALI)

I ain't saying Mike would for sure win, but look at the fight you're picking to make your point about Ali. He's basically backpedaling and jabbing the shit out of a fighter who is doing nothing but plodding ahead with no head movement or effort to cut Ali's movement off at all. Tyson would not fight him like that. Ali just trying to throw potshots out from a distance is exactly what Mike would want him to do.

I was watching the Ali vs Frazier fights over the weekend. I'm starting to favor Mike a little more on this topic. Frazier gave Ali a hard time, and he fought those fights looking like a slower Mike with no head movement. I think at the very least Tyson would be an even harder fight for Ali than Frazier was

Back