Welcome To aBlackWeb

Moving Out Of The Hood

Are Blacks Who Move Out of the Hood Sell-Outs?

• Total voters
The issue is people are scared to get killed when they make it but I believe that most of these people don't know how to stay lowkey and always gotta be flashy with their shit. Then again, moving into a gated community which you're still gonna deal with BS and gotta learn your way around. Also, rapper AR-AB loved staying in the hood when everybody wanted him to move and he was comfortable being where he from.

The issue is people are scared to get killed when they make it but I believe that most of these people don't know how to stay lowkey and always gotta be flashy with their shit. Then again, moving into a gated community which you're still gonna deal with BS and gotta learn your way around. Also, rapper AR-AB loved staying in the hood when everybody wanted him to move and he was comfortable being where he from.
The nigga was flashing money too.

AR is also a nigga that would throw it all away too and never left the game.....now look.

nah he should have left. That don’t make him any less black and shouldn’t have made him any less comfortable.

Why make it if you can’t enjoy it and gotta stay low key for all your hard work?

niggas hate on low key niggas too.

every nigga who gets killed ain’t being flashy nor are they all rich.

this mentality is destroying our people.

The nigga was flashing money too.

AR is also a nigga that would throw it all away too and never left the game.....now look.

nah he should have left. That don’t make him any less black and shouldn’t have made him any less comfortable.
You right he flashed money too which I didn't put in my sentence but the fact remains is that people don't want to leave where they're from.

Why make it if you can’t enjoy it and gotta stay low key for all your hard work?

niggas hate on low key niggas too.

every nigga who gets killed ain’t being flashy nor are they all rich.

this mentality is destroying our people.
Well people wanna leave from where they were born and raised because of the violence but then again, VIOLENCE IS EVERYWHERE NO MATTER WHERE YOU MOVE.

You right he flashed money too which I didn't put in my sentence but the fact remains is that people don't want to leave where they're from.
Some people don’t want to leave. The hood ain’t the end all be all for black people.

Shit we need more focus on being a unified community regardless of location.

especially when them damn hipsters moving in and running black people out.

Well people wanna leave from where they were born and raised because of the violence but then again, VIOLENCE IS EVERYWHERE NO MATTER WHERE YOU MOVE.
My nigga are you serious?

that’s your logic?

it’s violence everywhere?
It’s black people everywhere too. Now what?
Violence is a reason but not the only reason.

Some people don’t want to leave. The hood ain’t the end all be all for black people.

Shit we need more focus on being a unified community regardless of location.

especially when them damn hipsters moving in and running black people out.
Yeah gentrification is happening because our people are scared in their own neighborhoods but if people stop allowing the bullshit to happen in their own communities and eliminate the threats by telling when something bad happens and that person gets punish then changes will happen to make where we live at safer.

My nigga are you serious?

that’s your logic?

it’s violence everywhere?
It’s black people everywhere too. Now what?
Violence is a reason but not the only reason.
I hear it a lot in my city. So, yeah, what I said is true. Then some people got a problem with people not wanting to leave because they think they won't live long enough because of the violence. Also, when philly had damn near 500 murders never had me shook to move.

The hood ( for the most part) is for low income people.

Most of the people who live in these types of neighborhoods are there because they have no choice.

Makes no sense for a well-to-do person to be living in low income/high crime areas.

You’re supposed to move on up like George & Weezy.

The hood ( for the most part) is for low income people.

Most of the people who live in these types of neighborhoods are there because they have no choice.

Makes no sense for a well-to-do person to be living in low income/high crime areas.

You’re supposed to move on up like George & Weezy.
I get it but then again not everybody wants to relearn how to get around in a new city. To each their own. I respect what you saying tho.

I get it but then again not everybody wants to relearn how to get around in a new city. To each their own. I respect what you saying tho.
You can stay in the same city, just move to a better area.

Ain’t Derrick Rose from Chicago?

I’m willing to bet he didn’t continue living in the same neighborhood after he got drafted by the Bulls.

Yeah gentrification is happening because our people are scared in their own neighborhoods but if people stop allowing the bullshit to happen in their own communities and eliminate the threats by telling when something bad happens and that person gets punish then changes will happen to make where we live at safer.
Man look ....my last time down north my lil cousin got killed. Niggas shot up the corner.
Who wants to raise a kid in that? You see all the kids dying in philly. Shit breaks my heart.
but the response mentality of if you move out you kinda foul.....how?

dudes down there lose hope. Crazy amounts of dudes want to leave but don’t want to be isolated or teased for wanting more in life. Some don’t know how to leave.,..they mentally trapped. Some don’t know how to leave cuz they scared of the unfamiliar.

all that and other reasons are ok and understandable. But why we gotta hurt each other at the rate it is.

we got work to do but it’s gonna take a majority of us to do it.

Back