Welcome To aBlackWeb

Moving Out Of The Hood

Are Blacks Who Move Out of the Hood Sell-Outs?

• Total voters
"Black people either live in the horrible hood or they live with white people cowering in fear". Where do these ideas come from? I wasn't raised in the hood. But I wasn't raised in an all white neighborhood either. It was just a decent, quiet place where everybody was black. My dad still lives in the same home he raised me and my sisters in. I live in a predominantly black neighborhood. We purposefully picked this HOA because of the demographics. I like living with other people who look like me with similar interests, incomes and family goals. There are choices in life.

Not even about to read half of these replies because you can tell who actually grew up in historically looted areas and who watched too much of “The wire” and “Boyz in the hood” from their middle class couch.

Not even about to read half of these replies because you can tell who actually grew up in historically looted areas and who watched too much of “The wire” and “Boyz in the hood” from their middle class couch.
you can grow up in an environment and not be off that environment.

you are only what you let into your mind

Nobody said "Every black person comes from the hood" , why do yall make idiotic points that have nothing to do with the topic at hand?

Black's have the highest poverty rate and nearly 50% of black children grow up in poverty, but lets pretend like that's not to case to let people know i didn't grow up in a bad area. Congrats nigga.

Nobody said "Every black person comes from the hood" , why do yall make idiotic points that have nothing to do with the topic at hand?

Black's have the highest poverty rate and nearly 50% of black children grow up in poverty, but lets pretend like that's not to case to let people know i didn't grow up in a bad area. Congrats nigga.
lmaooo @ congrats nigga

its because they think all whites believe every Black person grw up in poverty so they want to distance themselves from that narrative.

Again, owning is a start.

Own our homes. Own our communities. Own stores.

Once we start owning, we start going outside and get involved. We make our neighbors family friendly.

Niggaz don't sell drugs and terrorize outside their own houses. They come to the hot spots. You get enough owners in a certain area, that area is no longer a hot spot.

Fiends ain't buying no houses. And Niggaz ain't shooting dice in front of a owned home.

They do that shit where the renters are....

I grew up in the historic Bronzeville aka the Lowend. Raised in the Ida B's, Dearborns, Bungelows tho my home was in a decent middle-class neighborhood

Now I live in the 'good' part of South Carolina. My co-workers call my house a mansion. My neighbors dont believe I brought it. My backyard over looks a man made lake.

I say that to say my kids still being raised with the same morals and principles my brands tried to instill im me. They still NYC hood, stunting on these country folk. Thier environment will only play one part of how they succeed as adults. Aint no reason to be around empty lots and drug sells on the corner if they don't have to be.

Once we start owning, we start going outside and get involved. We make our neighbors family friendly.

Niggaz don't sell drugs and terrorize outside their own houses. They come to the hot spots. You get enough owners in a certain area, that area is no longer a hot spot.

Fiends ain't buying no houses. And Niggaz ain't shooting dice in front of a owned home.

But what about opportunities and resources so that people don’t have to sell drugs or rob people?

if people can get a $30k car......they can get a house of the same amount.

whats the point of all the tax hustles without owning anything?

we have the answer....and i think others know we have the answer.

the answer to all our problems is in our hands.....the reason that its not being solved is because....why solve a problem when i can look the part?

we take that money and allow the media to work their brainwashing magic and we give away the resources that can bring us out of what we call poverty.

we need better accountability.

if people can get a $30k car......they can get a house of the same amount.

whats the point of all the tax hustles without owning anything?

we have the answer....and i think others know we have the answer.

the answer to all our problems is in our hands.....the reason that its not being solved is because....why solve a problem when i can look the part?

we take that money and allow the media to work their brainwashing magic and we give away the resources that can bring us out of what we call poverty.

we need better accountability.
in a lot of places, homes aint been 30k since the 1930s. this is oversimplification.

Niggas in her acting like the hood is the wild wild west. My old neighborhood is majority old folks and school children, and now working class Hispanics.
They see the value in the cheap land and see an opportunity to build something. I wish our people had that foresight.

But what about opportunities and resources so that people don’t have to sell drugs or rob people?
Churches need to step up.
Business owners need to hire within the community. Have job fairs right there in the neighborhood shopping centers

Drug dealers need to start living by a code again. Keep that shit away from schools, play grounds, in front of people's houses. Look out for the community. There was a time when tough guys took pride in keeping bottom feeders out the community.

At least every crew got one head busser that will keep stick up boys off the block. Them same Niggaz need to keep youngings from doing dumb shit on the block.

There's a lot of ways you can get through to niggaz on the street, but I don't think many folk ready for all that.

Y'all was clowning bmore for that cease fire shit, but y'all have no idea how deep that shit ran ...a whole lot of heavy hitters and notorious career criminals were putting the word out on a lot of blocks to keep those shootings down.

I personally know of a nigga who ain't been back to bmore for 5 months cuz he let off shots in a no shoot zone during a cease fire weekend.

And yes we have neighborhood enforced no shoot zones all over the city.

You pull out a gun there, you basically putting s price on your own head

in a lot of places, homes aint been 30k since the 1930s. this is oversimplification.

are you certain.......i can post 10 houses in detroit, philly bmore or most hood where house cost that amount.

and not all them need work.

you think the hood is the hood because houses cost alot?

the crime is allowed to prosper because it lowers the property value.

every day i see homes the cost even less than $30k.

when you dont know....you dont know.

Back