Welcome To aBlackWeb

Moving Out Of The Hood

Are Blacks Who Move Out of the Hood Sell-Outs?

• Total voters
yall aint call me in this thread?

porque.?

man the hood aint what it once was.

it was once a place where poor people lived. a place that was still a community but the people just didnt have alot.

a place where you could ask your neighbor for bread or $20 for something because we all had a common weight on our shoulders. so no one was looked down upon.

now its a place where fuckery reigns and niggas do dumb shit just because they can.
niggas kill with impunity and destroy more than build.

why should we stay in the hood?

whos to say where i must stay?

i think those who made it out should be looked at like they are the hope that more can be accomplished vs sellouts.

if we gonna talk about sell outs....so the man who stood above all the fuckery to make something of himself and wanted to move out of chaos to live comfortable is the sell out but the man who terrorizes the hood and runs away businesses and makes it unsafe for kids to play and robs families of generations of guidance by killing a man trying to provide for his family.....that man who kills him and does all the negative shit aint the sell out?

who are we really placing on a pedestal?

the moment i got money i was gone...fuck anyone who calls me a sellout out.
i have a responsibility to my family first. once they were good.....i went back to help out and still do so much people dont even realize.

but if we are going to keep who we are to where we live then we failed and those who think location defines intention are the true sell oouts just like those who help destroy our people.

@Race Jones
@Goldie
@Ghost313
@King Du
@Germs
who wanna fight?

i got time today

Story out that a sista got bodied for her 3000 dollar tax refund. 3000 dollars b, you can’t be in the hood when people know you got a well paying Job.

And it ain’t a black thing, it’s a hood thing, it’s the hood mentality. The mentality that quick come up is more precious than a well played grind paying off. Folk want that immediately satisfaction, even if it’s at your expense.

Not to say those same people don’t exist outside of the hood, It’s just more prominent. When I work I The hood I have to be extra mindful of my truck, cause cats will steal shit that they don’t even know what it is.

And don’t even plan on selling it, just cause they feel like they can. How bout this, stay in the hood. By yourself a 60 inch 4K uhd tv. And put the box on the curb for trash pic up.

:chile:Bet that be the last time you do some shit like that...BET!!
exactly......

why should i want more only for someone to wait to take it?

i get that all niggas are thugs and can protect their own....yup....i get it.

but what about when you not around? you cant be at home and protecting family at all times..

my nigga @Germs.

making much since when you sober.....my nigga

The hood isnt the hood by chance. Its very systematic.

The government purposefully doesnt invest as much money in the hood.

Lets take New Jersey as example.

Cops in Glen Rock, Allendale, Ridgewood make way more money than cops in Newark, Camden, and Paterson even though Glen Rock has no crime and Newark is riddled with crime. As soon as cops have any experience, they leave Newark and look for jobs in Glen Rock cause they make more money. This makes it so only the worst cops stay in Newark even though Newark needs the most experienced cops.

Lets take schools. This is a real life example. When Chris Christie became the governor of NJ, first thing he did was make major cuts to the education budget. I remember Wayne school district getting the most state funds while Newark, Irvington, and Paterson lost the most and ended up getting the least. Anyone that knows Jersey knows that Wayne is one of the nicest suburbs in Jersey and doesnt need any state funds whereas Newark, Paterson, and Irvington school districts need the most state funds.

I can keep going. There is tons of proof that the "hood" is systematically kept poor.

With that said, everyone that could leave, should leave. Your not gonna be able to build a real sense of community in a place the government is opressing to that degree.

Getting out from that opression is a success.
let me stop you there.

when the last time you been in the hood?

niggas getting good tax returns and what do they do?

buy cars and clothes and shit.

what does that have to do with the govt?

thats our problem.

if you can own a car worth $30k you can own a house in the hood for $30k and own something.

i talked about this plenty of times on the IC.....niggas dont want responsibility but want praise.

i asked this question on here and on the IC as well......who are these people who make these statements and rules for black people and what we should be doing and where we should live?

lets get into

Not true, it’s called gentrification
but we can gentrify our own shit.

when was the last time any of yall really took a good look a housing worth on zillow or whatever?

now thing about all the black people that make millions.

man this problem is very solvable.

we are we allowing a white boy to come buy shit up and make us relocate?

are you niggas tired of being relocated.....relocated from africa, from the south and now from our hoods..

do yall see a pattern? the circle is closing and we only worried about if a nigga sneakers cost $40 or he aint got jordans he aint cool or my x5 need low profiles.

none of that will mean anything.....if we keep allowing forced relocation.

yall done got me started.

The hood isnt the hood by chance. Its very systematic.

The government purposefully doesnt invest as much money in the hood.

Lets take New Jersey as example.

Cops in Glen Rock, Allendale, Ridgewood make way more money than cops in Newark, Camden, and Paterson even though Glen Rock has no crime and Newark is riddled with crime. As soon as cops have any experience, they leave Newark and look for jobs in Glen Rock cause they make more money. This makes it so only the worst cops stay in Newark even though Newark needs the most experienced cops.

Lets take schools. This is a real life example. When Chris Christie became the governor of NJ, first thing he did was make major cuts to the education budget. I remember Wayne school district getting the most state funds while Newark, Irvington, and Paterson lost the most and ended up getting the least. Anyone that knows Jersey knows that Wayne is one of the nicest suburbs in Jersey and doesnt need any state funds whereas Newark, Paterson, and Irvington school districts need the most state funds.

I can keep going. There is tons of proof that the "hood" is systematically kept poor.

With that said, everyone that could leave, should leave. Your not gonna be able to build a real sense of community in a place the government is opressing to that degree.

Getting out from that opression is a success.
monetary poor doesnt mean we have to be morally poor.

morally bankrupt.

emotionally in debt.

we have control over that.

fuck this who keeps who where shit..

this shit gets me angry.

black people are not meant to be controlled.

and if you are allowing it......then you are part of the problem.

its a sell out when you forget where you come from and try to act like your better then others who stuck back in the hood .

i never want to act like i am better but for thiose who try to call those of us who made it out sell outs......then you will be told i am better.

stuck is one thing....it implies you are trying to leave....but for someone who wants to stay in chaos and be apart of the continuing cycle that keeps the chaos fresh.....yea, i can say i am better than that person. i want more for my people.

I want to buy and renovate a house in my old neighborhood

Start a community garden

Start a trade school and give scholarships to kids in the area
you know.....i once made a post about ...painting murals and building in the hood and making it look better and got clowned.

you would be surprised at how making something look nice effects people mentality. people begin to take pride in the upkeep of something they had apart in.

I knew a woman who had a nice spot in the hood. her car was pretty brutally vandalized. i respect her for not moving but she was so disillusioned that she never replaced it.

anyway, I'd look for a predominately black neighborhood to live in and try to give back to the hood when possible. can't live somewhere my safety is at risk tho.

”Be Transformed by the renewing of your mind”

My favorite verse in the bible. It all comes down to mindset. There are things you can do to help try to change folks mindset that live in the “hood” but ultimately that is a change only that individual can make. You cant force that.

Best way to foster that tho...get at the youth...fuck the grown lost niggas...

A whole generation of Israel had to die before they got to the promised land because thier minds were still in bondage to Egypt. Think about that...a journey that was supposed to take a week took 40 damn years...Moses himself didnt even make it...Joshua(the youngin) led them to Canaan.

Lately I have been feeling like we may be that Joshua generation...

FOH with that give back bullshit, I'm not responsible for that. I can only be responsible for people who got the same blood flowing through them that I have flowing through me. It's just like a person getting outta jail, you leave make sure you don't do anything to bring you back.

I commend you dudes and women for doing it though.

”Be Transformed by the renewing of your mind”

My favorite verse in the bible. It all comes down to mindset. There are things you can do to help try to change folks mindset that live in the “hood” but ultimately that is a change only that individual can make. You cant force that.

Best way to foster that tho...get at the youth...fuck the grown lost niggas...

A whole generation of Israel had to die before they got to the promised land because thier minds were still in bondage to Egypt. Think about that...a journey that was supposed to take a week took 40 damn years...Moses himself didnt even make it...Joshua(the youngin) led them to Canaan.

Lately I have been feeling like we may be that Joshua generation...
man i used to talk about going back and speaking to people and trying to help and it was the grown ass niggas that became the problem so many times it almost came to blows.

bottom line is when people come back ....it places a spotlight on those who want to live amongst those who cant do better at the moment...the women listen and want more for their kids....but the kids follow most of the dudes.

all the women thank me endlessly, but the niggas try to point to meaningless shit as a reason to not listen of follow.

niggas even go on some i was talking down shit.

it was evident on the IC alot of others felt the same way...that i was talking down. but if your perspective is fucked up you wont hear what i am saying and think its talking down. but if they understood the message, i am saying they can do better and may be better than me. but then it turns to semantics.

i try to speak to people how they speak.....if you talking tough....ok i can do that too...but dont bitch up and say im talking down. i am challenging your toughness. how are niggas not afraid of nothing but afraid to do something? so somebody faking.

if you are not talking tough are trying to look tough ...then i speak to you like how you are holding yourself.

i try to meet people where they are.

this world is big as fuck......its sad to see us limit ourselves to a 8 square city block radius.

sorry, yall

this is a subject i hold close and dear to my heart.

and i will go hard for this and wont stop.....cause if we dont help us......who will we be helped by?

FOH with that give back bullshit, I'm not responsible for that. I can only be responsible for people who got the same blood flowing through them that I have flowing through me. It's just like a person getting outta jail, you leave make sure you don't do anything to bring you back.

I commend you dudes and women for doing it though.
while i understand where you are coming from and i dont fault people for how they feel......but look at it this way.

you can only do so much to help just your own. if you leave others out without helping ....you are just as bad a wakanda keeping the happy life to themselves when others may need your help.

you may not be struggling....but the struggle will come to your doorstep, eventually.

secure yours....i applaud you. but dont stop there.

someone may need a male to speak just a word that can change their life.

it only takes 1 domino to fall to set off a chain of events

The bottom line:

We need more Black community.

Not just areas where black folk live. We need sure enough black community settings.

We need communities where everybody knows everybody, and their families.

Where the school boards are full with local members. The neighborhoods have a council and committee. Community centers, safe play grounds. Own the business in the area. Participate in local politics on a much now visable level.

Make a functional black community the norm.

All this shit is very very very doable.

I say the hood because it's the easiest place to start. Many folk who already there recognize the need for change. Especially the property owners.

And that's how you start. Niggaz been flipping houses, but they renting them shits. We need more home owners and less renters.

We need them stores and them shopping centers.b we need them malls.

We need all that shit. Cuz when it's ours and it's visible, it sets the stage for the next generation.

The most attractive thing in the world is success. Kids who grow up wanting to be dboys often get that way cuz growing up the most successful people they saw reguarly was on the corners.

Virtually the exact same concept from movies like Goodfellas or bronx tale.

But I strongly feel that a community where the average person is a working professional who is successful in their career is a much nicer one than we see now.

For example.. Just take this forum. We're mostly black. Say we all lived in the same community.....

Like on the corner Goldie and BNE .Right next door Reese fam. Next door to them Cain. Then Judah right next door. House at the next corner mzkb fam

Right across from her Chitown

Then Meeks next door, chi city, iron Man, the du's , whispering

The street behind us germs, Kandy, AP, miss k

Right around the corner ghost, Josh, race, czar, Remy, blac

I mean we not perfect, but do you think that neighborhood is a bad neighborhood?

You think if all of us sending our kids to the same school, that school can get away with giving our kids sub par anything??

You think we not having cook outs inviting the neighbors? Watching out for each other kids? Asking each other to watch the house while one of us on vacation.

Like really... The shit ain't as hard as we tell ourselves....

People rather kill themselves with doubt than real with the frustration of effort.

It can be done
Can I get a house with a garden to grow I herbs? Listen that place need a herbalist. I see a lot of smokers living there.

So as someone who grew up in government housing but not in the mainland US I don’t really understand the question. But again when we moved out of government housing my grandfather bought a house that was in a place that had all black people as much of the island is all black. It was more about what you can afford than trying to escape something. When we moved I was back in government housing every day. There was no flight to white because white people lived where they lived and we lived where we lived. Yes we need make the hood better but we also need more black middle class area’s or we need more people of means to buy back our area’s. Most of the places that we know as projects in New York were not originally built as hood projects. They were built for working middle class. I think if you gave people the opportunity to own that apartment they would change how they deal with it. People tend not to care about what they don’t own. But the hood is a mindset not a physical place.

The bottom line:

We need more Black community.

Not just areas where black folk live. We need sure enough black community settings.

We need communities where everybody knows everybody, and their families.

Where the school boards are full with local members. The neighborhoods have a council and committee. Community centers, safe play grounds. Own the business in the area. Participate in local politics on a much now visable level.

Make a functional black community the norm.

All this shit is very very very doable.

I say the hood because it's the easiest place to start. Many folk who already there recognize the need for change. Especially the property owners.

And that's how you start. Niggaz been flipping houses, but they renting them shits. We need more home owners and less renters.

We need them stores and them shopping centers.b we need them malls.

We need all that shit. Cuz when it's ours and it's visible, it sets the stage for the next generation.

The most attractive thing in the world is success. Kids who grow up wanting to be dboys often get that way cuz growing up the most successful people they saw reguarly was on the corners.

Virtually the exact same concept from movies like Goodfellas or bronx tale.

But I strongly feel that a community where the average person is a working professional who is successful in their career is a much nicer one than we see now.

For example.. Just take this forum. We're mostly black. Say we all lived in the same community.....

Like on the corner Goldie and BNE .Right next door Reese fam. Next door to them Cain. Then Judah right next door. House at the next corner mzkb fam

Right across from her Chitown

Then Meeks next door, chi city, iron Man, the du's , whispering

The street behind us germs, Kandy, AP, miss k

Right around the corner ghost, Josh, race, czar, Remy, blac

I mean we not perfect, but do you think that neighborhood is a bad neighborhood?

You think if all of us sending our kids to the same school, that school can get away with giving our kids sub par anything??

You think we not having cook outs inviting the neighbors? Watching out for each other kids? Asking each other to watch the house while one of us on vacation.

Like really... The shit ain't as hard as we tell ourselves....

People rather kill themselves with doubt than real with the frustration of effort.

It can be done
first off nigga....

you gonna stop leaving me out.

and the hood can be a start but it doesnt have to be the start.

when black people move to the burbs.....enough of them will cause white flight.....fuck it and let them leave and allow black people to move in. btu we also have to keep the community together and keep them riff raff and property value killing niggas out.

this goes for the hood or the burbs or anywhere black people are striving for the best.

they are not the problem....its the uncontrolled family members and associates that need to be kept at bay.

at some point we need to have control of our communities before all these dreams can come to fruition.

and it starts with us black men.

we need to be held to the fire over this shit. we are the gatekeepers of our women and children. we are their protectors. we are the guiders and disciplinarians. we are the visionaries. we are the executors or the plans. we are the logical elders.

when the men are men and responsible, all others fall in line.

and their is no man that can stand with a black man except God himself.

The hood is not a black community since it’s not really black owned. That’s like living in your parents basement. So there’s nothing wrong with moving out, the solution is to try to do stuff to help the people that live in that area.

The hood is not a black community since it’s not really black owned. That’s like living in your parents basement. So there’s nothing wrong with moving out, the solution is to try to do stuff to help the people that live in that area.
the ghetto is a concentration of people.

it started with jews.

but then stuck only with blacks......then niggas shortened neighborhood to hood, as in location.

then it was given a negative meaning by whites and blacks.

I think the honus should be on the people that destroying the hood. There are systematic/structural an political reason why the "hood" is a place.. but as i say you can blame them for the condition but the actions are on the fuckups, fuckrounds. the "hood" doesnt have to be the way it is or perceived to be and @DOS_patos ... also think people can be conflating working class black neigborhoods as the "hood" thats a whole nother story though

Back