Welcome To aBlackWeb

Movie Night (Official Movie Discussion Thread)

knocked out some movies this past weekend

1917 - 3.9/5...Story wasnt all that great but the cinematography was electric. It always kept a sense of tension in the film. Im not a huge war movie guy but this shit was pretty good

Parasite - 3.5/5...was it you @Beta who recommended this? or you @King Freeman? idk, but it was pretty decent. Took a while for the ride to get started but it wasnt bad. I have a huge plot hole question, but i can suspend my disbelief for a flick like this. I was entertained for the most part. That last scene tho...

Uncut Gems - 4/5...Sandler got robbed for a nomination. Point blank period. The tension in this movie was high/thick af the entire film. There was never a moment where my mind was wondering what was gonna happen next. Dare i say KG bodied his role? Albeit a small one, he did a very good job and was believable af. It wasnt like Penny or Shaq in Blue Chips or some shit lol. Idk who the love interest was, but were my eyes playing tricks on me? She looked right in that white top with the jeans at the club

A fall from grace - 2.9/5...i posted my review in the Gang thread.

This is a wild flick started off a lil slow to me but picked up.
images

black-and-blue-300x300.jpg

giphy.gif

71lHI-460HL._SY445_.jpg

Ending could've been a lil better but I liked the movie

damn, forgot about knives out but 3.9/5. I love who done it films. I kinda pieced some things together, but i didnt see the reveal happening the way it did

knocked out some movies this past weekend

1917 - 3.9/5...Story wasnt all that great but the cinematography was electric. It always kept a sense of tension in the film. Im not a huge war movie guy but this shit was pretty good

Parasite - 3.5/5...was it you @Beta who recommended this? or you @King Freeman? idk, but it was pretty decent. Took a while for the ride to get started but it wasnt bad. I have a huge plot hole question, but i can suspend my disbelief for a flick like this. I was entertained for the most part. That last scene tho...

Uncut Gems - 4/5...Sandler got robbed for a nomination. Point blank period. The tension in this movie was high/thick af the entire film. There was never a moment where my mind was wondering what was gonna happen next. Dare i say KG bodied his role? Albeit a small one, he did a very good job and was believable af. It wasnt like Penny or Shaq in Blue Chips or some shit lol. Idk who the love interest was, but were my eyes playing tricks on me? She looked right in that white top with the jeans at the club
I saw all 3 of these recently. I am with you on all but parasite. That movie was great, I'd give is a 4.2

What's the plot hole?

I saw all 3 of these recently. I am with you on all but parasite. That movie was great, I'd give is a 4.2

What's the plot hole?

I'll spoiler it since it isnt a thread specific discussion

so no one in the family looked alike?

They are all blood relatives, but no one resembled each other? The son picked up on the smell, but that was it?
That was the most glaring one

But this movie takes place in modern times and this big ass, nice ass house dont have cameras inside the place? Maybe thats a china thing and they arent allowed to or something, so if thats the case, i understand

The CCTV cam was cut outside the house. I assume the city/state owns that camera, but no one thought to mention that it was out? This one is a minor gripe. Like totally minor, but i get it, it had to be cut so no one sees the father go back into the house

This is just random, but i wonder how long the father gonna have to live there until his son gets enough money to buy that house lol

I'll spoiler it since it isnt a thread specific discussion

so no one in the family looked alike?

They are all blood relatives, but no one resembled each other? The son picked up on the smell, but that was it?
That was the most glaring one

But this movie takes place in modern times and this big ass, nice ass house dont have cameras inside the place? Maybe thats a china thing and they arent allowed to or something, so if thats the case, i understand

The CCTV cam was cut outside the house. I assume the city/state owns that camera, but no one thought to mention that it was out? This one is a minor gripe. Like totally minor, but i get it, it had to be cut so no one sees the father go back into the house

This is just random, but i wonder how long the father gonna have to live there until his son gets enough money to buy that house lol
Come on man, it's a movie, im not tripping on them not looking a like. Even still, if I saw a father and son and they weren't introduced as such, I wouldn't put that together.

1) this is a Korean movie not Chinese, racist.
2) most people don't have camera inside there homes, outside for sure, but not inside.

I was a bit confused on the ending, was that what the son was hoping to do? Or was that a flash forward and that's what he did do?
Pop was probably down there for 10 yrs

Come on man, it's a movie, im not tripping on them not looking a like. Even still, if I saw a father and son and they weren't introduced as such, I wouldn't put that together.

1) this is a Korean movie not Chinese, racist.
2) most people don't have camera inside there homes, outside for sure, but not inside.

I was a bit confused on the ending, was that what the son was hoping to do? Or was that a flash forward and that's what he did do?
Pop was probably down there for 10 yrs
yeah like i said, im not gonna take any points away, but if you posted a pic of you and your father with no context, if i looked long enough, i could see the resemblance and at least let the thought cross my mind

it was just something that crossed my mind

i apologize for the mixup. I should've just said Asian. That was ignorant on my part

2) makes sense. Again, nothing major, just a minor quibble

I deduced that it was a dream/aspiration. iirc, he couldnt get into university b/c he couldnt pass the admissions test or something? idk, but dude was put on probation for all that stuff he did. Its gonna take a while for anyone to forget who he was and what he did ( I assume)...he was just telling his father that one day, they will meet. Dream sequence for sure

yeah like i said, im not gonna take any points away, but if you posted a pic of you and your father with no context, if i looked long enough, i could see the resemblance and at least let the thought cross my mind

it was just something that crossed my mind

i apologize for the mixup. I should've just said Asian. That was ignorant on my part

2) makes sense. Again, nothing major, just a minor quibble

I deduced that it was a dream/aspiration. iirc, he couldnt get into university b/c he couldnt pass the admissions test or something? idk, but dude was put on probation for all that stuff he did. Its gonna take a while for anyone to forget who he was and what he did ( I assume)...he was just telling his father that one day, they will meet. Dream sequence for sure
I see what you're saying, but they seemingly had no connection and were really never in the same room together. The son interacted with the mother mostly and the dad was the father's driver.

Why you so racist AP?

That makes sense

Too much ridiculous dumb shit in this for me to get far enough to keep watching.

Like dude who decides to try n break in a car RIGHT IN FRONT of a cop car that was obviously running (windshield wipers were on while chick was sitting inside)

I mean CMON lmao

Had to be the next scene after taking shots (only aiming at vest lmao) then tryna convince her "hey sorry for shooting u we just wanted the camera come on out"

Bruh I couldn't do it no more after that. Fuck the ending.

Just watched Tusk.

Fuck, man, what a horrible movie.

Just days ago I'd watched MIB International and meant to post just how shitty that was. But I'll watch that any day over Tusk.

And I'm a huge Kevin Smith fan too, but fuck that movie.

Just watched Laundromat. Unbelievable cast (Meryl Streep, Gary Oldman, Antonio Banderas, David Schwimmer). Based on the Panama Papers leaks. Good watch.

Back