Welcome To aBlackWeb

Movie Night (Official Movie Discussion Thread)

Closer - romantic drama starring Julia Roberts, Jude Law, Natalie Portman and Clive Owen... Saw it again after over a decade recently... Nice little film

Public Enemies - Michael Mann's depression era gangster thriller... Watching it fully after start and stops...Depp killed it... No one still does gun battles in film like Mann

Catch Me If You Can - I try to catch any Spielberg picture whenever I can... One of Dicaprio's finer performances

The Post - another Spielberg picture... About the Washington Post's expose of the US governments lies (varying over different presidents) concerning the Vietnam war in the early 70s...short and precise... Also an ode to niggaz like us who actually read newspapers

Gravity - watching this shit high (in HD too!) was an experience... I saw it first in the theatres when it dropped but I didn't get the nuances until seeing it this weekend in the comfort of my home

Watching it you forget it was just two actors in it with Bullock with 85% screen time alone

Lubezki as a cinematographer defies visual logic....he ain't called Chivo for nothing

I rarely care for horror movies but Conjuring 2 was decent considering its supposedly based on a true story and they play supposedly real audio footage in the ending credits.

^^ Worst Tarantino movie ever made

Seen "Gone Girl" for the first time earlier this week. Within the first 5 mins I knew I hated the movie. I continued watching for another 30 mins or so and couldn't continue, shit was trash.

Also watched Interstellar for the first time, amazing. I see why it received all the praise it did.

^^ Worst Tarantino movie ever made

Seen "Gone Girl" for the first time earlier this week. Within the first 5 mins I knew I hated the movie. I continued watching for another 30 mins or so and couldn't continue, shit was trash.

Also watched Interstellar for the first time, amazing. I see why it received all the praise it did.
Gone Girl was trash to you??:tuh:

I wanted to like it but the screenplay was trash and so was the acting.

I know the book is held in high regard but the movie didn’t do it justice imo.

I wanted to like it but the screenplay was trash and so was the acting.

I know the book is held in high regard but the movie didn’t do it justice imo.
I thought the movie was cool, but if you're a reader, definitely check the book out. So well done. Each chapter is read like a journal entry from the man or woman. Shits fire.

Gone girl is a gussied up lifetime movie. I fucked with it but let's keep it real....lol

I figured out the twist early but gone girl had me hot. I needed ol girl dead quickly.

A real life fear for me is getting into a committed relationship with someone like Amy cause I'd probably have to kill a chick like that off my general principles.

Back