Welcome To aBlackWeb

Movie Night (Official Movie Discussion Thread)

Watched John Wick for the 1st time. It wasn't as good as I thought it would be with all the hype around the series, but it was cool.

I'll probably check out JW 2 this weekend.
John Wick is the epitome of what you'd want to be as a badass. Low key chill, but if somebody fuck with you then everybody getting fucked up on some no mercy don't ever fuck with me again shit. And the mere mention of your name strikes terror to those in the know, in turn educating those not in the know.

I think everybody likes to imagine themselves as a John Wick type. And that's why it's so popular.

Watched Major Payne and Beverly Hills Ninja with the kids. They thought both were hilarious.

Major Payne's lil engine that could bedtime story is classic. I want to see Major Payne join the next Expendables movie.

p16966989_p_v8_aa.jpg

MARIA

the latest edition to ass kicking females.. she was getting it in its a revenge flick via phillipines its definitely on par wth some of my faves
MV5BZTQ1YzVjM2UtYjBlYi00MTkxLThkNmYtODkzNmU2YWZhYTVmL2ltYWdlL2ltYWdlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjgxNTI5NDU@._V1_.jpg

BENEATH THE LEAVES

This was some twisted shit its about a group of men who were abused as adopted children and some of them take on the characteristics of the abusers.. and there is this quirky wierd cop who gets more than he bargins for

i-am-mother-poster.jpg

I AM MOTHER
Film is about girl who is created and raised by a Robot the robot only wants perfection.. She underestimates 'her" childs curiosity and humanity which leads the girl to seek answer and question everything she has known.

onesheet.jpg

BLIND SPOTTING

Took me by surprise this was a great film it touches on many different themes gentrification/racism/police brutality/mirroring /double standards stereotypes/relationships/gun violence very well made film highly recommend it didnt know what to expect going in but i gave it a chance i dont think their will be many films this year that are better.

54510871_830117527337679_5422402333959786825_n.jpg

BRIGHTBURN

Boy descends from space falls to earth to family who owns a farm in a small town boy doesnt realize his power till he is 13 he is faster than a speeding bullet, more powerful than a locomotive can leap tall buildings in a single bound.. But he is not fully in control of what powers him.. i loved this flick its a lot of things that i would like to be explained hopefully this movie has 3 in the chamber check it out

Watched the adam McKay film "vice" starring Christian bale, steve carrell and Amy Adams. Based on vice president dick Cheney's rise to power and how he basically ran the country under george Bush. Was an awesome movie. Had a lot of funny moments too. Bale killed his role.

Watched the adam McKay film "vice" starring Christian bale, steve carrell and Amy Adams. Based on vice president dick Cheney's rise to power and how he basically ran the country under george Bush. Was an awesome movie. Had a lot of funny moments too. Bale killed his role.
I thought it was boring and I turned it off after like 15 mins. But I'll try it again if you say it's good

Last edited:
Us - It was cool... I like how Peele is turning the tables on the horror genre... We get to see black people be the survivors... Nice twist at the end too

The Village
- Shyamalan's third film... Watching it in full for the first time.... Had a silly twist too at the end...

City of Lies - real life tale about the LAPD's hierarchy frustrating efforts to solve the murder of Biggie... Starring Johnny Depp and Forest Whitaker

Pineapple Express - stoner comedy with Seth Rogen and James Franco... A whole lot of homosexual innuendo and jokes... I laughed a couple times... Great reggae soundtrack too

Outlaw - Australian indie about a motorbike gang and infighting for the leadership... Crime and vice abound... R rated

The Hate That You Give - should have wwatched this one sooner. 8.5/10.

Old Man With A Gun - never seen a Robert Redford film I didn't like. Him and sissy spacek had dope old head chemistry on screen. 7/10.

Everybody Knows - Penelope Cruz and Javier Bardem. 7/10...

Ending a little bit on the weak side. But theres some super dope acting. Nice little whodunit.

Just watched Triple Frontier with Ben Affleck and Pedro Pascal. Enjoyable film about a former special ops team looking to commit a heist to secure their future. A lesson in the cost of greed. I recommend

Us - It was cool... I like how Peele is turning the tables on the horror genre... We get to see black people be the survivors... Nice twist at the end too

The Village - Shyamalan's third film... Watching it in full for the first time.... Had a silly twist too at the end...

City of Lies - real life tale about the LAPD's hierarchy frustrating efforts to solve the murder of Biggie... Starring Johnny Depp and Forest Whitaker

Pineapple Express - stoner comedy with Seth Rogen and James Franco... A whole lot of homosexual innuendo and jokes... I laughed a couple times... Great reggae soundtrack too

Outlaw - Australian indie about a motorbike gang and infighting for the leadership... Crime and vice abound... R rated

Yo This Shit Was Pulled From Theaters...Where Did You Peep?

Midsommar was weird but just what I expected it to be. I lowkey think all cacs do shit like that.
This bout to be my last time getting dragged to a horror movie tho. Bout tired of this stupid ass masochistic genre

Anyone see "midsommar" yet? From the director of hereditary. Shit looked dope but I havent peeped it yet due to lack of time and catching up on other shit. Would like a reassuring opinion about it before I put in the time. Just want to know if it's good or bad lol

Back