Welcome To aBlackWeb

Movie Night (Official Movie Discussion Thread)

the-perfection-netflix.jpg

lol maaan

Last edited:
Its been a while so ill just make a list...

BlueRuin
BullitCounty
The Ruthless
When They See Us
Dragon Tiger Gate
War
Rim of the world
The Perfection
The Five Venoms
See You Yesterday
Calibre
The Land
Knock Down the House
The Silence
Triple Frontier
The Hardway
The Boy who Harnessed the wind
High Flying bird
The Two killings of Sam cooke
Prodigy
Polar
Revenger
Captive State
Alita
Shazam
Us
SpiderVerse
Glass
Endgame
Captain Marvel
If Beale Street Could Talk
The Prodigy
The Highway Men
The Silence
Velvet Buzzsaw
Close
Creed2
OG
Overlord
The Hate U Give
Kin

maybe missing something but

tenor.gif

Blackhat - the Michael Mann movie that flopped about large scale global cybercrime... I rented it to watch this week and it's a brilliant intelligent thriller for grown ups and for IT heads..

I can't een watch movies like this without picking it apart 'cause of everything they get wrong.

Just watched a movie called "the basement" on Netflix. About a serial killer who kidnaps a musician and tortures him in his basement and keeps coming back as different characters, like a clown, then a policeman and a prisoner then personal characters that are later revealed. Wasnt a terrible movie. Not the greatest acting tho. 7/10 maybe.

Sky Box

Boys Don't Cry - first time seeing this

Powder Room - British comedy revolving around women in the ladies toilets on a night out at the club

2 Guns
- Denzel and Wahlberg crime thriller

Up There - British buddy comedy about carers who are dead in the after life, still on earth trying to make it into eternity (up there)... Was cool

Miller's Crossing - first time seeing this too being a Coens Bros fan...I started following them not until movies they made in the mid nineties... Classic literary gangster flick with layers

Just finished up Imperial Dreams, I think it is a few years old so I'm probably late but it's a good movie and touches on a father's love for his son while trying to survive in the hood fresh out of prison.

Two movies about two real life people

Vice - comedy drama about former VPOTUS Dick Cheney and his ascension into becoming possibly the biggest Republican hawk Washington ever seen.., Bale impersonated him well... I liked it a lot especially the editing

The irony of Tyler Perry playing the role of Colin Powell

X - Spike's magnum opus again after a couple of years... It's easily Spike's best picture by a mile... And I've seen every joint including documentaries

Denzel was recently honored by his contemporaries in Hollywood last week... Like him or hate him he is the GOAT black actor

Shawshank Redemption gotta be the best film of all time. Hits the same whenever I watch it.

Watched John Wick for the 1st time. It wasn't as good as I thought it would be with all the hype around the series, but it was cool.

I'll probably check out JW 2 this weekend.

Watched John Wick for the 1st time. It wasn't as good as I thought it would be with all the hype around the series, but it was cool.

I'll probably check out JW 2 this weekend.
They are good turn your brain off and watch some action type films, but they aren't ground breaking.

Back