Welcome To aBlackWeb

Movie Night (Official Movie Discussion Thread)

I've seen a lot over the past month... I can't remember some... But here's what I can recall watching

Bowfinger
Hallam Foe
Sin City: A Dame To Kill For
Batman vs Robin (Animation)
The Love Witch
Bob Marley: The Making of a Legend (documentary)
O, Brother Where At Thou?
Most Beautiful Island

American_Honey_poster.png

Decided to watch bc the "Price is Right" documentary on netflix was a lil awkward for me. I gotta say even tho i feel like the above movie was incomplete i felt the director did a good job...thats probably a contradiction but fuck it.

This was one of those:
*waits for plot twist*
*ok plot twist probably isnt coming*
*its probably the end right here*
*credits roll*......

"It was still decent"

p15208516_v_v8_ac.jpg

My girl picked this one out. The premise was cool but idk how this dude gets away with being a trash ass actor after all this time (p.s. cant wait for new john wick)

Matter of fact the whole cast was ass. Watch this urself n tell me im lying.

Suicide Squad
Movie was trash. The only bright spots were Will Smith and Margot Robbie.

Deadpool
Good movie. Ryan Reynolds is perfect as Deadpool and Morena Baccarin is fine as hell.

Deadpool 2
Started off slow but picks up about a third of the way through. Domino was cool. I liked the first movie a bit more.

The Nun
Decent movie. Better than I thought it was going to be.

I saw the price is right documentary

Drew Carey was on some hoe shit

the dude who won both showcases was on some hoe shit too

Watched inside llewyn Davis by the Coen bros for the first time the other day. Pretty good movie. Slow paced but I liked it.

I watched two movies directed by Michael Mann and two movies starring Al Pacino...

Men & Chicken - Danish dark comedy starring Mads Mikkelsen as part of a queer family who were genetically mixed with farm animals and pests... Quirky shit

The Insider - I revisited this again... It's 20 years old and it's still sharp... Mann is among my top five filmmakers... Hes an expert in human drama

Alien: Covenant - preferred it to Prometheus... Fassbender killed it playing a dual role as a robot...

The Little Hours - raunchy comedy about a group of horny nuns in 14th century Italy and their liaisons with a runaway groundsman...

Filmworker - documentary about unknown Stanley Kubrick film assistant Leon Vitali... He was an actor in Barry Lyndon and then quit acting to learn and assist Kubrick on his subsequent films... Recommended for any Kubrick fan

Donnie Brasco - second Pacino movie seen... Again... Pacino the G. O. A. T.

Guava Island - I saw this the weekend it dropped and forgot about it for a minute... It's exotic with the colours... Cuba is a fine and richly ethnic country

It's just a vehicle for his recent music

Blackhat - the Michael Mann movie that flopped about large scale global cybercrime... I rented it to watch this week and it's a brilliant intelligent thriller for grown ups and for IT heads

No one in Hollywood shoots gun battles like Mann... He the Don..

Back