Welcome To aBlackWeb

Movie Night (Official Movie Discussion Thread)

Decided to give this a try didn't seem like my type of movie but ended up being interesting. Mostly narrated by main character (bryan cranston) but u felt like u were in dude's head the whole time nh.
Pretty successful father/husband nice car/house in the burbs who decides to 'abandon' his family and eventually himself but watches them from across their garage (sounds dumb at first) as they continue to live life without him. Don't wanna give anything else away but pretty decent watch. Oh n Jennifer garner is still fine af.

Another movie I decided to give a try. Had potential n I seen what they were trying to do but in the end just didn't do anything for me. Acting was still good though. Tripped me out that the chick Ana De Armas looks just like Charlize Theron at certain angles throughout the movie. Wouldn't really recommend this shit though.

Decided to give this a try didn't seem like my type of movie but ended up being interesting. Mostly narrated by main character (bryan cranston) but u felt like u were in dude's head the whole time nh.
Pretty successful father/husband nice car/house in the burbs who decides to 'abandon' his family and eventually himself but watches them from across their garage (sounds dumb at first) as they continue to live life without him. Don't wanna give anything else away but pretty decent watch. Oh n Jennifer garner is still fine af.

After a hour I was like if this nigga don't take his ass in the house and fuck her fine ass and fix this dumb shit

Sky box

All The Money In The World - famously known as the movie Kevin Spacey was cancelled in... Pretty good film... Ridley Scott directs

Isle of Dogs - star studded stop motion animation from Wes Anderson about dogs estranged from humans in dystopian Japan... Visuals were cool but the plot was tedious because I was tryna figure out who's who

Hell or High Water - western with a tinge of The Town and No Country For Old Men mixed... Entertaining

Prevenge - British Black comedy about a pregnant single woman who commits random murders after being pressed by her unborn child..

Deadpool 2 - Good popcorn flick but the self mockery and endless pop culture references too cumbersome... They set it up for a Part 3

^^^ Hell or High Water was a good watch for me too.

I watched Deadpool 2 without seeing part one thought it would be lame. That shit is funny af. Is part 1 better to u?

Sky Box

Kill Bill: Vol. 1 & 2 - late night on Film4... revenge season... Watching it again reminds me of what a film nerd Tarantino is... He is a dope filmmaker .. As a writer he underrated too

Candyman - actually my first time watching this... With talks of a remake which I don't see the point of .. Probably have to read the book it's based on to get a better grip of the story

Under The Skin - famously known as the movie Scarlet Johansson gets butt naked in... Sci fi horror in she's an alien inhabited in her own skin? Luring men to there deaths with her sexuality in Scotland

Fright Night - 1980s cult horror classic... I'm watching 80s flicks now just to get a taste of that time and the soundtrack

Marvin Gaye: What's Going On - documentary on the man and his downfall... SMH his was a sad story

The Guest - action thriller revolving around the premise of military vets being 'treated' by the government and becoming killing machines... This time one of them infiltrates a rural based family whose son a vet himself killed in combat and claims they were friends

Last edited:
@rip.dilla

The book is very different from the movie fam. It's gonna be confusing, the book doesn't have the 5 times or the mirror shit. And he doesn't really show up till near the end of the book. The book is called The Forbidden. Now there have been some revisions. I read the book in like 1999 and again in 2001 when I was on my Ian Fleming, Stephen King and Clive Barker novel/book spree.
I had no idea it was based off a book. Candyman is one of my top 3 Horror films. Im probably basing that off of the trauma it caused me as a youngin though lol. Will have to check the book out.

A long time ago you had posted the audiobook of Pet Semetary. Could you PM that to me when you have the chance? or is it easily accessible from youtube or something?

Over the last few months, it’s been revealed that #Netflix had plans to increase their monthly subscription prices by up to $2. The time has finally come for the influx to take place. Beginning with the May 2019 billing cycle, the aforementioned fee hikes will take effect. Under the new pricing, Netflix’s #Standard plan (with two HD streams) increases to $12.99. The #Premium plan, which provides up to four Ultra HD streams, increases to $15.99 per month and the #Basic plan (one non-HD stream) is going up for the first time, from $7.99 to $8.99 per month.

Over the last few months, it’s been revealed that #Netflix had plans to increase their monthly subscription prices by up to $2. The time has finally come for the influx to take place. Beginning with the May 2019 billing cycle, the aforementioned fee hikes will take effect. Under the new pricing, Netflix’s #Standard plan (with two HD streams) increases to $12.99. The #Premium plan, which provides up to four Ultra HD streams, increases to $15.99 per month and the #Basic plan (one non-HD stream) is going up for the first time, from $7.99 to $8.99 per month.

For those interested.... gang is happy to have you lol

https://ablackweb.com/forum/threads/terrarium-gang-we-right-here-fam.2882/

They lucky i wanna see the new kevin hart special

shits crazy, Im pretty sure this is because all these different channels/stations/studios are coming out with their own streaming service and Netflix has steadily been losing their library and will take a big hit once Disney+ is up and running.

Soon they will have a very low library of stuff they didnt make, then the remainder will be Netflix Originals. They been handing money out like its nothing too giving comedians 20+ million for a couple of specials.

I think Hulu will be safe as a lot of the channels they are allowed to stream own shares in Hulu i believe.

Amazon just has a shit library period.

Lowlife 2017
Lowlife-bluray-cover-shout-factory.jpg

Dark indie set in los angeles

Download link below

http://uploadgig.com/file/download/8f4c7c6Ce5cbf3cE/Lowlife.2017.720p.BluRay.x264-5BYTS.AM5D.mp4

Watching this Guava Island joint with Donald Glover and Rihanna on Amazon Prime. Its bout an hour long

If you're a music nerd like me, the Studio 54 documentary is worth checking out.

Back