Welcome To aBlackWeb

Most Disappointing Album of the Year Nomination Thread

NASIR - Not a HORRIBLE album, but something i expected more from Nas. I think Kanye brought up the idea to him and him and Kanye just knocked the album out real quick and released it.

Ye - Went into the album expecting it to suck but with minor hope Kanye would surprise me again like he did with MBDTF, but it sucked. Ye sux cox n dix.

I dont listen to bullshit music like Quavo or Cardi B so i cant comment on being disappointed by their album. You should just know that before you listen to it. Soooo for my final option i go with....

Freddie by Freddie Gibbs. Much like NASIR it wasnt at all a BAD album, i just didnt care for it much and doesnt have much replay value for me. Something about Madlib brings out the best of rappers and that album was my intro to Freddie Gibbs (outside of features he did) and i guess i just always held him up to that standard and cant seem to get out of that.

Piñata is Gibbs' penultimate work thus far.

Nominate 3 albums MAX (In Order) that should win Most Disappointing Album of the Year.

1. Most Disappointing
2. 2nd Most
3. 3rd Most

1. Ye
2. Daytona
3. Stay Dangerous

First two were neck and neck garbage truck juice from two of my favorite artists. 3rd was just throwaway "I'm from the west coast and stopgap until new Kendrick drops."

Lower than you had for Nicki?

I had a little hope that Nicki had a fire lit under her ass with the emergence of Cardi B. Instead she put out an underwhelming album with just a slither of what she can do lyrically. Kanye been a disappointment to me for half a decade now.

1.) T.I. -Dime Trap

Flows still solid. But His Era in the Trap is officially over.

View attachment 88563

2. Rae Sremmurd - SR3MM

Swae Lee is talented and needs to make a solo album.

View attachment 88562

3. Takeoff - The Last Rocket

Takeoff proves that he is overrated ...this album was highly anticipated and it’s truly a forgettable album

View attachment 88565

Takeoff album was HIGHLY anticipated?...hahaha. that nigga coulda pushed that shit back to 2033 n no fucks woulda been given

1.) T.I. -Dime Trap

Flows still solid. But His Era in the Trap is officially over.

View attachment 88563

2. Rae Sremmurd - SR3MM

Swae Lee is talented and needs to make a solo album.

View attachment 88562

3. Takeoff - The Last Rocket

Takeoff proves that he is overrated ...this album was highly anticipated and it’s truly a forgettable album

View attachment 88565

Takeoff album was HIGHLY anticipated?...hahaha. that nigga coulda pushed that shit back to 2033 n no fucks woulda been given

Nasir- not what people were expecting.

Ye- mediocre and seemed rushed n unfinished.

Drake/scorpion- I always give drake albums a chance. Just cause dude talented. But his albums just not 4 me

Everybody was saying Takeoff was best rapper for the Migos tho...Lmao

Way I remember it. Niggas was just saying that bc Quavo n Offset had so much other shit going on, that homeboy was able to get them on a few tracks on Culture II. Far as that, only noise I heard bout that nigga was when Joe asked about being left off bad n bougie n he had that hilariously strange respond "look like I got left off bad n bougie" ?

Back