Welcome To aBlackWeb

Most Disappointing Album of the Year Nomination Thread

Nasir- Nas
Queen- Nicki Minaj
Testing- ASAP Rocky

I would have Ye on this list... but I’ve had low expectations for Kanye albums for quite some time now.

So, the vibe I'm getting is because Nas expectations are so high, a 7/10 album is the most disappointing AOTY.

Sounds legit....I guess.

So, the vibe I'm getting is because Nas expectations are so high, a 7/10 album is the most disappointing AOTY.

Sounds legit....I guess.

Depending on the artist the album can still be good and be considered a disappointment

Example for me some ppl said C5 was not good but turn around and say Culture 2 was a good album even though C5 is much better

Depending on the artist the album can still be good and be considered a disappointment

Example for me some ppl said C5 was not good but turn around and say Culture 2 was a good album even though C5 is much better
Let that shit go bruh lol. You be harping on this all the time

NASIR - Not a HORRIBLE album, but something i expected more from Nas. I think Kanye brought up the idea to him and him and Kanye just knocked the album out real quick and released it.

Ye - Went into the album expecting it to suck but with minor hope Kanye would surprise me again like he did with MBDTF, but it sucked. Ye sux cox n dix.

I dont listen to bullshit music like Quavo or Cardi B so i cant comment on being disappointed by their album. You should just know that before you listen to it. Soooo for my final option i go with....

Freddie by Freddie Gibbs. Much like NASIR it wasnt at all a BAD album, i just didnt care for it much and doesnt have much replay value for me. Something about Madlib brings out the best of rappers and that album was my intro to Freddie Gibbs (outside of features he did) and i guess i just always held him up to that standard and cant seem to get out of that.

NASIR - Not a HORRIBLE album, but something i expected more from Nas. I think Kanye brought up the idea to him and him and Kanye just knocked the album out real quick and released it.

Ye - Went into the album expecting it to suck but with minor hope Kanye would surprise me again like he did with MBDTF, but it sucked. Ye sux cox n dix.

I dont listen to bullshit music like Quavo or Cardi B so i cant comment on being disappointed by their album. You should just know that before you listen to it. Soooo for my final option i go with....

Freddie by Freddie Gibbs. Much like NASIR it wasnt at all a BAD album, i just didnt care for it much and doesnt have much replay value for me. Something about Madlib brings out the best of rappers and that album was my intro to Freddie Gibbs (outside of features he did) and i guess i just always held him up to that standard and cant seem to get out of that.

Freddie album of the year ima shoot you breh!

Back