Welcome To aBlackWeb

I really enjoyed this storymode RnEguPI_zpspzcxhtua.png Still trying to find a character that I want to stick too. I like Noob, Lui, Jaquee, Jax, and Cassie so far.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
So I smoked some dabs the other day and was reading fb articles and saw that spawn was announced as a dlc character for mk11. It made me wonder wtf was mortal kombat even about? I've seen both the movies but I had assumed those were just completely original stories that didnt match the game story in any way, but I started watching videos like this:

And it sent me down a rabbit hole of mortal kombat storylines and the shit is way deeper than I thought and has a pretty dope lore. I played the games as a kid but never read anything, just skipped and fought. Didnt play many of the spin offs, just sub zero mythologies but I cant remember much from the game and doubt I finished it. But I remember playing mortal kombat 4 and wondering who the hell shinnok and Quan chi was. They went into comicbooks and everything though and it's all part of the main lore. It's cool how they rebooted the series with mk9 as well, but it's still technically connected to the previous gen of mk games.

Should check out that dudes channel in that vid if you're into story lore, he does a video on the overall story then individual characters and covers all the info from before mk1 takes place up through mk10. Hes "remastering" the vids with mk11 info too, but only a few characters are updated so far.

Series is in desperate need of a proper movie or TV show. I know they got that movie in development but hopefully it goes off a lot of the source material.

So I smoked some dabs the other day and was reading fb articles and saw that spawn was announced as a dlc character for mk11. It made me wonder wtf was mortal kombat even about? I've seen both the movies but I had assumed those were just completely original stories that didnt match the game story in any way, but I started watching videos like this:

And it sent me down a rabbit hole of mortal kombat storylines and the shit is way deeper than I thought and has a pretty dope lore. I played the games as a kid but never read anything, just skipped and fought. Didnt play many of the spin offs, just sub zero mythologies but I cant remember much from the game and doubt I finished it. But I remember playing mortal kombat 4 and wondering who the hell shinnok and Quan chi was. They went into comicbooks and everything though and it's all part of the main lore. It's cool how they rebooted the series with mk9 as well, but it's still technically connected to the previous gen of mk games.

Should check out that dudes channel in that vid if you're into story lore, he does a video on the overall story then individual characters and covers all the info from before mk1 takes place up through mk10. Hes "remastering" the vids with mk11 info too, but only a few characters are updated so far.

Series is in desperate need of a proper movie or TV show. I know they got that movie in development but hopefully it goes off a lot of the source material.

Yeah, MK has an awesome backstory. If done right it could run over multiple movies. They could even do a mini universe with certain characters getting their own movie and other characters teaming up in movies.

They'd probably need to title it something obscure though so the general public doesn't relate it directly to the video game.

A good HBO or Netflix series would probably serve the material even better.

Yeah, MK has an awesome backstory. If done right it could run over multiple movies. They could even do a mini universe with certain characters getting their own movie and other characters teaming up in movies.

They'd probably need to title it something obscure though so the general public doesn't relate it directly to the video game.

A good HBO or Netflix series would probably serve the material even better.
Exactly my thinking. Movies would be cool, but theres so many characters and such a long timeline of material they could work with that even a trilogy of films would leave out so much. I think a series would be GOAT. You're right too even each individual character has a ton of back story, they could make spinoffs for days.

is this worth the full $60....I already have the last one

I would say yeah.. But they coming out with a character dlc pack for an additional $40.... The base character list is lacking imo. Game industry getting over with some of the dlc

Copped this with a father's day discount - despite my objections to the in game purchase fuckery Netherrealm trademarked - and the kombat is surprisingly fluent, looks like Boon n Co finally got the gameplay right lol.

They upgraded the amplify/EX moves and improved the collision detection which made the typical MK clunkiness way less prominent...I like how they added more layers to each individual character. Shits not just basic combos/special moves/xray but also random yet useful shit.

They really stepped up their game.

Back