Welcome To aBlackWeb

Mo'nique and Steve Harvey have heated exchange

I get what you're saying. A lot of people put their pride and integrity to the side in order to provide for their loved ones. This is why I agree with both Monique and Steve.

At no point though should you allow white people to humiliate you in order to cash a check. Unfortunately a lot of black people are not in a position to make a choice between money and integrity. The bills gotta be payed somehow.

This where the divide comes in and shit gets so heated between so many people.

To me there isn't a choice to be made. Compromising my integrity is not an option.

A person can provide monetarily but a man and woman can't hide when they fucked up by compromising themselves for money. The people you providing see that shit and a lot comes from. Kids and spouses see you not happy with yourself. Telling them you not happy so you can so called provide a certain lifestyle to them is not going to make them happy about themselves or see what you doing for them is the right thing.

This where the divide comes in and shit gets so heated between so many people.

To me there isn't a choice to be made. Compromising my integrity is not an option.

A person can provide monetarily but a man and woman can't hide when they fucked up by compromising themselves for money. The people you providing see that shit and a lot comes from. Kids and spouses see you not happy with yourself. Telling them you not happy so you can so called provide a certain lifestyle to them is not going to make them happy about themselves or see what you doing for them is the right thing.

I think you're talking about the difference between being middle class and upper class when it comes to providing a certain lifestyle to your children. In which case I 100% agree with you. Don't compromise your integrity just to move from the 2 bedroom house to the 5 bedroom one.

What I was aiming at was the difference between having a roof over your head and living on the streets. The difference between having income for groceries and having to go to a shelter to eat.

For families straddling the poverty line it's a harder choice to make.

Netflix bruised Moniques ego. She tried to take a personal vendetta and turn it into an social issue when It wasnt that....its apparent in how she has handled this whole stupid ass situation. From her really disrespecting the shit outta CTG on Breakfast Club by saying he hates black women(when his wife is black and then purposely mispronouncing his name) because he told her the truth to her face...to this shit with Steve Harvey...even shitting on Oprah, Lee Daniels etc....the very people who proly could REALLY got shit poppin for you...

Monique need to sit her ass down somewhere.

Now, to the overarching theme of money vs integrity...you can still move a certain way and "play by the rules" in whatever arena you are in professionally and still maintain your integrity...all of us do it everyday when we go to our offices every day...

what steve said about us not being able to do certain things...he is absolutely correct...he is also correct in saying that in any industry but especially the in Entertainment....the ultimate equalizer is that dollar bill.

Hollywood proly cant stand the fact that Black Panther did well...but at the end of the day....it made a shit load of money...so you know what..."lets let the negroes in a lil further since we see they can make us some money"

same shit happened in sports...them owners saw if you let the negroes play...its more entertaining...more entertaining = more $$. If they could make the same WITHOUT us...we wouldn be getting shit

and again....

Netflix made thier decision based of the money she could make them...not because she is a black woman...

cause if she had a substansial enough audience to garner what she was asking and Netflix would have gotten a return on investment they would have wrote the check

I think you're talking about the difference between being middle class and upper class when it comes to providing a certain lifestyle to your children. In which case I 100% agree with you. Don't compromise your integrity just to move from the 2 bedroom house to the 5 bedroom one.

What I was aiming at was the difference between having a roof over your head and living on the streets. The difference between having income for groceries and having to go to a shelter to eat.

For families straddling the poverty line it's a harder choice to make.

I was actually talking all income levels. I hear what you saying and for most people that is true but I'd make a way without doing that cause its really not a choice for me.

Netflix bruised Moniques ego. She tried to take a personal vendetta and turn it into an social issue when It wasnt that....its apparent in how she has handled this whole stupid ass situation. From her really disrespecting the shit outta CTG on Breakfast Club by saying he hates black women(when his wife is black and then purposely mispronouncing his name) because he told her the truth to her face...to this shit with Steve Harvey...even shitting on Oprah, Lee Daniels etc....the very people who proly could REALLY got shit poppin for you...

Monique need to sit her ass down somewhere.

Now, to the overarching theme of money vs integrity...you can still move a certain way and "play by the rules" in whatever arena you are in professionally and still maintain your integrity...all of us do it everyday when we go to our offices every day...

what steve said about us not being able to do certain things...he is absolutely correct...he is also correct in saying that in any industry but especially the in Entertainment....the ultimate equalizer is that dollar bill.

Hollywood proly cant stand the fact that Black Panther did well...but at the end of the day....it made a shit load of money...so you know what..."lets let the negroes in a lil further since we see they can make us some money"

same shit happened in sports...them owners saw if you let the negroes play...its more entertaining...more entertaining = more $$. If they could make the same WITHOUT us...we wouldn be getting shit

and again....

Netflix made thier decision based of the money she could make them...not because she is a black woman...

cause if she had a substansial enough audience to garner what she was asking and Netflix would have gotten a return on investment they would have wrote the check

and to piggy back off the sports...them letting us play in "thier leagues" effectively killed us being able to create and manage our own...so they killed two birds...make more money and make us more dependent on them...

there was a time when HBCUs were superior Academically and Athletically...thats FACTS.

They "let" us play in thier leagues and go to thier colleges....and look at HBCUs now...

I think Monique's biggest gripe was the fact that a lot of folk including the Steve Harveys and Lee Daniels of this world were basically saying to her you're right in private and what happened to you (i.e. being blackballed) was wrong. So that's why she feels she got the integrity stance to go forth on and that's frustrating to let go.

Also I'm pretty sure Monique wasn't lying when she said that she's been told in previous business discussions "don't worry the next one will be the big meal ticket" too.

But as previous posters have said, she really made her Netflix situation which a personal issue into a social one, calling for boycotts and such.
If she didn't like the amount, you do 3 things: 1) try to negotiate more, 2) say thanks but no thanks or 3) go somewhere else to get more money which effectively is combo of 1) and 2).

whether he meant to or not (although I believe the latter), Steve was definitely cooning it up with his responses

Haven't really taken anything Steve say credible, ever since he wrote "Think Like A Man". Plus supporting Trump then realizing what every one else knew that he's dirty muthafucca.

Monique fucked up the bag and wanted her “friends” to put their bag on the line over pride not integrity.

Y’all side with her but kept them subscriptions.

Sounds exactly what Steve did.

Back