Welcome To aBlackWeb

Mo'nique and Steve Harvey have heated exchange

Steve's wrong when he says it's a just money game; it's a white man's money game. They hold the control over that entire industry. He's correct when he says you gotta move differently 'cause we're Black and her husband can't come out flexin like he could amongst bruhs; that shit ain't gonna fly.

Integrity is one thing and there's a point to be made there, but Monique issue isn't integrity, it's that she has completely overestimated her worth to Hollywood; that's the core of her issue. Her stand-up ain't never sold out shows unless the venue was small to begin with and aside from Precious, she's basically played the fat version of Tiffany Haddish's characters in nearly every movie she's been in. Add to that the fact that she's abrasive and surly by all accounts and you have the makings of a persona non grata in Hollywood circles.

Meh. I mean Steve was overtalking her. I see both points. But at some point...integrity plays a bigger role.

If you're willing to compromise that, your dignity, and self respect for money...you lost. And that shyt carries over to his kids...grand kids...great grands...etc. B/c you pretty much tarnished your legacy.

I see where they're both coming from, but I'm rolling with Monique on this one.
yo quiero fumar hermano

why you say that tho?

at some point someone has to sacrifice for the greater good or those behind him.
you can do something with yourself and not hurt your integrity. thats about finding your lane.
steve has a good point tho.....why allow everyone behind you to fall because you want to make a point? and what point was she trying to make? we had a thread about her.....and the fact is...she is behind her time and does nothing recent. ass in seats is what they value.

their are alot of chicks and duds in the workplace right now.....who keep getting fired because of what they will not let go. always gotta say something or speak their mind.
its a time and place and you have to understand who you are and where you are at.
if you dont like the rules either change them or relocate.
but you can help more and teach them integrity by being an example and how to carry yourself.

Steve's wrong when he says it's a just money game; it's a white man's money game. They hold the control over that entire industry. He's correct when he says you gotta move differently 'cause we're Black and her husband can't come out flexin like he could amongst bruhs; that shit ain't gonna fly.

Integrity is one thing and there's a point to be made there, but Monique issue isn't integrity, it's that she has completely overestimated her worth to Hollywood; that's the core of her issue. Her stand-up ain't never sold out shows unless the venue was small to begin with and aside from Precious, she's basically played the fat version of Tiffany Haddish's characters in nearly every movie she's been in. Add to that the fact that she's abrasive and surly by all accounts and you have the makings of a persona non grata in Hollywood circles.
true....she did small venue with alot of big people..

yo quiero fumar hermano

why you say that tho?

at some point someone has to sacrifice for the greater good or those behind him.
you can do something with yourself and not hurt your integrity. thats about finding your lane.
steve has a good point tho.....why allow everyone behind you to fall because you want to make a point? and what point was she trying to make? we had a thread about her.....and the fact is...she is behind her time and does nothing recent. ass in seats is what they value.

their are alot of chicks and duds in the workplace right now.....who keep getting fired because of what they will not let go. always gotta say something or speak their mind.
its a time and place and you have to understand who you are and where you are at.
if you dont like the rules either change them or relocate.
but you can help more and teach them integrity by being an example and how to carry yourself.

It's a multilayered topic. If we remove the Monique situation from what they were talking about and just look at it from a general point of view I agree with Monique. Playing safe and tip toe'n around to make sure you don't upset massa will never be a good idea to me. Steve straight up said since we're black we can't say what we want. Fuck that.

It's like our parents used to say "until you get your own house, you gotta stfu and follow what i say". Until we get our own house, we're gonna continue walking on eggshells and hoping to get a few crumbs. We need our own shit and it's gonna take mfs like Steve to step out the house and stop being a house nigga and start working with other black people to create our own.

As far as monique's case in particular she was wrong, she didn't deserve the amount of money she was asking Netflix for.

Meh. I mean Steve was overtalking her. I see both points. But at some point...integrity plays a bigger role.

If you're willing to compromise that, your dignity, and self respect for money...you lost. And that shyt carries over to his kids...grand kids...great grands...etc. B/c you pretty much tarnished your legacy.
you think the kennedys care about a tarnished legacy?
them niggas are paid....and they use that influence to change the rules. them bitches aint no damn camelot.

i think we need to be careful about how we approach things.

now as for what you are saying in your post.......

very interesting.
how many of our people are willing to compromise their dignity and self respect?
its something thats not even important to people nowadays.....most chicks in philly were either a stripper or CO in their life. the dudes either want to be dope boys or rappers at 35 or killer muslims.

i think alot of people watching this is the kettle.

Your girl never called u daddy?
Third-World-Skeptical-Kid.jpg

I told her to call me daddy and she checked me.

Said don't call me that I already have a dad.

I respected her stance

He was basically saying since we're black we can't say whatever we feel eventhough it's the truth. The money is the main priority and she rebuttal'd by saying integrity means more than money.

She don't have any integrity to me.

monique is like the dope boy who got caught and blames the white man for bringing drugs in the hood

steve said .....love sound like love....so if it dont sound like it when you say it...then it aint love.

thats some real shit right there.

Monique wanted blacks to shit on Netflix for not paying her and claimed the company was discriminating against black women. Roseanne verbally, or tweets or types or whatever, insults a black woman with a racial remark, has a show with racial undertones, and Monique calls Roseanne her sister. Her and Steve arguing is too traitors pointing fingers at each other.

Last edited:
Monique wanted blacks to shit on Netflix for not paying her and claimed the company was discriminating against black women. Roseanne verbally insults a black woman with a racial remark, has a show with racial undertones, and Monique calls Roseanne her sister. Her and Steve arguing is too traitors pointing fingers at each other.

I wanted to give this a lol & ether.

There is a certain way to handle all situations and she most definitely could've handled a lot of her real issues differently but Steve came off sounding like he is willing to put money above everything which is seriously troubling. He might not have meant to come off like that but he did.

Of course you can't help a person drowning when you are doing so yourself but Steve is far from drowning as a matter of fact he is swimming quite well. Smh

Fuck Steve Harvey i was just tweeting about something along these lines... how you gonna let the oppressor dictate the terms of your fight... i swear this shit pisses me off we had people who literally had the threat of death over their head and stood up unapologetically ..

I wonder if Steve would argue that very same point he made to Moniqe to Kaepernick..

I agree with Monique about integrity.. but the way she went about it.. she played herself.

Monique was out of pocket for asking everybody to boycott a company on behalf of some money shit

She asked poor people to feel the burden of the elite. She asked everybody to take on a fight that benefited few when she ain’t in the trenches banging for them.

Steve Harvey just exposed his self as a sucka but majority entertainers are. 99%. That “my family” shit kills us more than any outside force. This a 60 yo man who well off talking bout he can’t afford integrity.

She did that, then went and asked folks to forgive Roseanne Barr for her bullshit....Mo'Nique is just as much of a hypocrite as those she criticizes

Back