Welcome To aBlackWeb

Money and Violence What Happened ?

I mean how far did they really think it was going to go anyway. It was mildly entertaining, but the shit wasn't no high level cinema or anything like that. Hell, when Season 2 came along, they moved it behind a paywall and I didn't even bother watching it until someone pirated it.

That was part of the appeal though.

Just like portions of the first season of The Wire.

Even though you knew they were all actors, it sometimes felt like you were looking at a documentary or hidden camera footage.

Also, you were late on Season 2.

It only went behind a paywall after the season ended.

I think they tried to get people to visit their website directly or something.

Before that, all of the episodes were available for free on Youtube.

Muthafuckas got greedy, plain and simple.

-in S1, the Character, China, was a Black Girl. By S2, she was replaced with some Fake Big Booty Boricua Honey. The Reason behind that was the OG China asked to be paid, and they fired her.

-Moises Verneau--"Raf"--sold the rights of the Show to Lionsgate. The Contract showed that they owned 51% of the Show, meaning Moises gave up Power and Control of the Series.

-I recall reading somewhere--probably a YouTube Comment--stating that this particular Poster donated $$$$$ to their GoFundMe Acct to support these Bruddahs, expecting to receive something from them as promised. Well, she never got any Merch, but she did see these Muthafuckas partying up a Storm on their Social Media Accts.

I stopped watching after S2 when they showed they were all about the $$$$$, but I agree, the fact that these weren't trained Actors & Actresses, but real Street Hustlers, was part of the Appeal. Unfortunately, it also ruined the quality of the Show, esp when the Creators are pretty much hoarding all the Cash and scamming their Fans.

They really are who they portrayed on that Series, that's for sure.

Moe is pretty arrogant. lol Dude really acting like he made some high level shit. I ain't fronting. The shit was entertaining, but you basically had to ignore all its flaws to enjoy the good. Dude doesn't really seem to understand that. He speaks as if the writing and quality of the show was actually top notch.

MY EXPERT OPINION EP# 206: MONEY & VIOLENCE (MOSES VERNEAU) ON REBOOT ON TUBI, BAD BUSINESS + MORE​

Back