Welcome To aBlackWeb

MK RnB Producers: Preliminaries

Great pick, forgot all about homie. I had two other producers in mind

yea next time we should consider it writer/ producer.. cux i think that's always the case....

example....neyo

upload_2017-8-3_11-31-29.png

song writers are commonly listed as producers...

i'm only speaking on something i'm actively looking up
I get that but for example is neyo listed as the producer for those beyonce songs he wrote?

Most likely not, producing is more sound engineering than songwriting, the two cross occasionally but they're different processes

I get that but for example is neyo listed as the producer for those beyonce songs he wrote?

Most likely not, producing is more sound engineering than songwriting, the two cross occasionally but they're different processes
that was the beyonce song i used as an example

That's in the realm of pop/rnb tho, where a lot of people don't write any of their own music. It's rare to see that in rock, rap, etc unless the artist themselves is producing their own music.
but we're talking about an r nb contest....
while searching producers i noticed that an overwhelming number of songwriters get producer credits....

i was just tryna point it out so that if we do another one of these it might make it more competitive to blend the two...

i used the example of ne-yo, cuz while we all knew he wrote the song, how many knew before that screenshot he had a producing credit?

i didn't....

then i searched further, and that's actually common.....

and i just said we should do a songwriter one.....

i'm just saying why not blend them considering they often do both...

lol, you stay playing devil's advocate just to play it.....this is a valid inclusion

but we're talking about an r nb contest....
while searching producers i noticed that an overwhelming number of songwriters get producer credits....

i was just tryna point it out so that if we do another one of these it might make it more competitive to blend the two...

i used the example of ne-yo, cuz while we all knew he wrote the song, how many knew before that screenshot he had a producing credit?

i didn't....

then i searched further, and that's actually common.....

and i just said we should do a songwriter one.....

i'm just saying why not blend them considering they often do both...

lol, you stay playing devil's advocate just to play it.....this is a valid inclusion
lmao Alright bro you got me

lmao Alright bro you got me
lol, like 100% no diss to this contest.....cuz it's already nunderwa....

but i think it would have been a tad bit more versatile if it was songwriter/producer....

i in't even look at musiq soulchild or d'angelo yet, i wonder how many producing credits they got that i was unaware of.....

Back