Welcome To aBlackWeb

Miya Ponsetto proves simply being a ‘person of color’ isn’t enough

It's all a matter of perspective.

To some, that would indeed be an act of racism.

To others, it would be an act of bigotry.
Both would be right because bigotry is not a race-based term, racism is. You can be a bigot about race, gender, sexual orientation, nationality, etc. But you can only be a racist about race.

Depends on how you define racism.

From what I've always understood, racism is systemic.

So, you have to be in a position of power to institute racism.

Therefore, since we don't have the power to oppress another race on a wide scale........black people can't be racist.

We can hate people of other races, but that means nothing without the power to systemically oppress them.

where do ppl get these ideas?

hating people for their race is the very definition of racism. it's the absolute most basic and common definition of it, and by it, anyone can be racist.
if it's not systemic, it's still hurtful and can still have an opportunity or freedom denying effect on a smaller scale. so why should it be downplayed?

This "poc" nonsense is exactly what the elder Claude Anderson was talking about.

Glad to say I got a book or two from him. Basically, negating all of our efforts/work by lumping us in w/ everyone else. "Something for everybody means nothing for blacks." Dude has been saying this over and over. Check him out cause what he's been schooling us on is exactly what democrats are doing. I'm glad the breakfast club had him on there before.

Back