Welcome To aBlackWeb

Mike Tyson vs Roy Jones Jr going down

I love the training videos. You can really see the skill, the speed, everything that made Mike great. But training videos ain't the ring.

Mike always looked bad after lengthy lay offs. And not only is he at his oldest, this is the longest lay off. I recently watched the Botha fight this morning cuz of the DMX entrance. And he looked bad fast. Like completely gassed mad early. Botha was fat boy too and was about to take Mike in the late rounds.... But Mike always had that one punch power on top of everything else.

So Mike Definitely still got the power.... But I have my reservations about seeing him in the ring. And Roy hasn't looked good against competition in a while either. I'm sure both can put together amazing training videos.... But I don't expect a great fight

If you can’t train right you can’t fight right.

I’m not sure what you getting at. He’s not about to fight some up and coming boxer

It's essentially a sports version of verzuz....

Social media reactions to Mike working out got people hype.... Even though the nigga be getting wasted on them podcasts.... He not in that kind of shape no more

Lmao great analogy

I love the training videos. You can really see the skill, the speed, everything that made Mike great. But training videos ain't the ring.

Mike always looked bad after lengthy lay offs. And not only is he at his oldest, this is the longest lay off. I recently watched the Botha fight this morning cuz of the DMX entrance. And he looked bad fast. Like completely gassed mad early. Botha was fat boy too and was about to take Mike in the late rounds.... But Mike always had that one punch power on top of everything else.

So Mike Definitely still got the power.... But I have my reservations about seeing him in the ring. And Roy hasn't looked good against competition in a while either. I'm sure both can put together amazing training videos.... But I don't expect a great fight

I feel what you're saying, but part of the reason Mike looked like that was because he WASN'T training like this. Mike probably putting in more effort to get right for this exhibition than he for any fight including and following the Douglas fight. Like Mike really thinks he can still fight and he wants to go out and show that.

Nobody is expecting a great fight bruh we all know what it is lol it'll be an interesting watch at the least and if turns out more then cool

I feel what you're saying, but part of the reason Mike looked like that was because he WASN'T training like this. Mike probably putting in more effort to get right for this exhibition than he for any fight including and following the Douglas fight. Like Mike really thinks he can still fight and he wants to go out and show that.

Mike's fight against Botha was his big return to the ring, and the anticipation was higher than ever. He was rededicating himself n all that....

My point is that this was 20 years ago.... And not in the middle of his mess..... This was after holyfield when Mike was rocking the kufi... Again he went through this whole thing with the training, I mean people really expecting Mike to look better against Roy than he did against Botha need to pay attention to history. Even if his focus is better now, which I think they were about the same.... His body is still 20 years older

Mike's fight against Botha was his big return to the ring, and the anticipation was higher than ever. He was rededicating himself n all that....

My point is that this was 20 years ago.... And not in the middle of his mess..... This was after holyfield when Mike was rocking the kufi... Again he went through this whole thing with the training, I mean people really expecting Mike to look better against Roy than he did against Botha need to pay attention to history. Even if his focus is better now, which I think they were about the same.... His body is still 20 years older

Dog you basically going by hype. You got to listen to Mike talk about the past now. Even at that point, he was still doing a bunch of drugs, partying too much, and in his own mind, just fighting for a check. Right now, he's living a much cleaner life and just wants to get out there and showcase his ability. No one expects him to look like prime Mike. This is just an exhibition against another over the hill fighter. People simply expect both to show us glimmers of what made them famous.

Even though we're talking about two legends I simply can't get hyped for an exhibition fight between two 50+ fighters.

Back