Welcome To aBlackWeb

Inori

NAWF

Mike Tyson wants fans to refrain from using Hulu after they chose to green light an unauthorized docuseries about his life.

On Thursday (Feb. 25), the streaming platform picked up “Iron Mike,” an eight-episode miniseries about the “wild, tragic and controversial” moments of Tyson’s boxing career. As the boxer was not at all involved in the show’s creation, he is now speaking out against the platform for attempting to monetize off of his life story.

“Hulu’s announcement to do an unauthorized mini-series of the Tyson story without compensation, although unfortunate, isn’t surprising,” the Brooklyn native said in a statement. “This announcement on the heels of social disparities in our country is a prime example of how Hulu’s corporate greed led to this tone-deaf cultural misappropriation of the Tyson life story.”

“To make this announcement during Black History Month only confirms Hulu’s concern for dollars over respect for Black story rights,” he continued. “Hollywood needs to be more sensitive to Black experiences especially after all that has transpired in 2020. The real Mike Tyson authorized story is in development and will be announced in coming days.”

I wonder if he will get support like Chappelle did.

I just signed up lmao

I won't watch his shit but I'ma watch Superstore

lol tough crowd.

How about if Mike asked for folks just to not support/watch the series based on his life that he aint seeing a dime from instead of boycotting Hulu all together? Maybe that would have been the more realistic call

lol tough crowd.

How about if Mike asked for folks just to not support/watch the series based on his life that he aint seeing a dime from instead of boycotting Hulu all together? Maybe that would have been the more realistic call
Wasn’t no one here watching that anyway

lol tough crowd.

That's what Dave did. Lol

He didn't say boycott Netflix, he said don't watch chappelle show.

Lol. He watering down dave Chappelle's movement. Nobody checking for that shit.

He just gave it power.

Back