Welcome To aBlackWeb

Migos and their slow descent into irrelevance smh

Bad examples because then you're comparing one hit wonders to Migos which isn't even the same conversation. Conversely, when was the last time we saw Nik Kershaw, Johnny Hates Jazz or Mister Mister touring or getting a show ? See what I mean? They're not the Stones or Metallica. Migos are superstars and when they drop they sell out stadiums and record shelves around the world.

Your examples were even worse: Mr Mister and Johnny Hates Jazz both still doing shows and Nik Kershaw has a pretty consistent schedule including Wembly Stadium later this year.

Yea, I disagree. Their last album had hits. Last year they tried to drop solo projects and they all flopped. Now they're going back to the recipe that works, eventhough this first single is trash.

Yea, I disagree. Their last album had hits. Last year they tried to drop solo projects and they all flopped. Now they're going back to the recipe that works, eventhough this first single is trash.
Offsets didn’t flop though and quavo regardless of what everyone was saying still sold 99,000 copies first week and that was considered good enough for his first solo effort

If you go by the definition of you’re either ascending or descending then yeah they’re on the way down. They hit their peak with Culture 1.

I don’t know if they have another massive hit like Bad & Boujee in them but they’ll stick around for a while and at least keep a song or two that’s in rotation at the clubs for a minute.

I swear to God SMMFH rap fans are the worst fans

Then you idiots complain why Slick Rick, Big Daddy Kane or G Rap cant fill a stadium the way Def Leopard, Metallica or Rolling Stones can SMMFH. Soon as you take time to enjoy the fruits of your labour niggas yellin "you fell off" and dont support the music anymore. And at the same time complain when white people buy the rights to _____ life story, colour it white and make all the money off it.

The unfortunate truth... hit it right on the spot.

This is a repeated curse and will continue until we really control the grid.

Lol nah bro no spot was hit with Sions copy paste post.

What's Slick Rick or Rolling Stones gotta do with Migos potentially fallin' off?

But what shows that they are falling off?

In all seriousness though... Why can't rap artists have a bad year or era? Did Rolling Stones hit the mark on every album they released? I'm sure the hell not, but they've been and are still praised heavily.

I think that's ultimately the point Sion is trying to make... when it comes to the hip-hop culture, you must reinvent and stay current or you are done for. That's some fuck shit if you ask me though.

Back