Welcome To aBlackWeb

Goddamn Mike Flanagan has to be one of the busiest dudes directing. Did this series and a Series coming out next year as well for netflix. This looks dope im definitely watching.

I don't know about "4.5/5" but it was solid.
I don't wanna lay out my full thoughts, cause I don't want the thread to turn into a discussion about religion

But I found myself really fucked up after the scene where Riley and Erin were giving their thoughts about what they think happens to their bodies when they die. I was stuck. I stopped watching and just sat and thought for a long ass time. That was a really great scene I resonated with. In fact, Riley's character to me was the highlight of the show and to see how things turned out for him was like, damn... That's fucked up

I enjoyed the scenes with him and Father Paul at the rec center where Riley would ask him questions as a cynic. I thought him being haunted by the ghost of the girl he killed was sad as well. Then the part of the dream where he's in the boat by himself just made you empathize with him even more.

Then to top it all off, after his encounter with the angel, which is a whole other topic, he goes to the boat to the spot in his dreams with Erin and for a while, you never know his intentions until they are revealed.

Idk man. I will admit it took a bit for things to pick up but I never felt like shit wasn't always happening. I appreciate the art of telling a good story with build up

if I was the sherriff and nem I would have taken a boat waited the shit out till morning then burned all da whole a dem alive while they was hiding from the sun. But that's just me. They kinda died unnecessarily.

I died at the angel/demon nigga just shrugging Erin off while she was twisting his shit. Nigga really didn't realize she was fucking up his wings looking at her like "bitch... foh" that sent me.

Back