Welcome To aBlackWeb

Middle Child Syndrome: ever heard of it.

Mister B.

The Devil’s Greatest Advocate…..
Are you a middle child? If so, you may have heard of this term: Middle Child Syndrome.

What is Middle Child Syndrome?

Birth order somewhat influences personality type. Oldest children, for example, tend to be more reliable and conscientious. They have Type-A personalities and strict perfectionist tendencies—probably because first-time parents act extremely “by the book” and devote undivided attention to them. On the other hand, parents act most relaxed with youngest siblings, so lastborns tend to be more fun-loving and uncomplicated. However, since they’re always trying to live up to older siblings, the youngest may act self-centered, attention-seeking, and manipulative.

So where does the middle child fit in? They’re probably not praised like their older sibling or coddled like their younger one, which makes them feel excluded or neglected. This phenomenon, called middle child syndrome, also leaves them without a sense of place within the family. They might say, "No one understands me or listens to what I say." Also common: "My big brother gets to do all the fun stuff first, and everyone babies my little sister. I'm left out."

common characteristics of middle child syndrome

1. Feelings of being left out
2. The tendency to become whatever the oldest is not
3. Feelings of not being noticed or seen
4. Stronger external social ties
5. Feelings of having to prove yourself
6. An independent streak and sense of individualism

Are you a Middle Child? Do you relate to this?

I only have one sibling, a younger sister but I do have 3 kids.

Ages 8-2-1. Not sure how it goes with them being basically the same age but I have heard somethings about being the middle child

My middle brother spoiled as shit and always get special treatment

im the youngest but sometimes i feel like im in the middle

Naw, I don't think my sister didn't have those characteristics. If anything she was the one that was spoiled lol. She did used to act like she was my mama in school tho lol. While me as the youngest child don't like to be spoiled.

R.I.P to my younger sister

Back