Welcome To aBlackWeb

Microsoft to acquire Activision for $68.7 billion

I think it's going to be timed exclusives. The days of the sole exclusive is over imo

I think it's going to be timed exclusives. The days of the sole exclusive is over imo
I think overwatch would be an exclusive call of duty is hard to judge

I think they would just keep warzone and offer the campaign on Gamepass or offer Call of duty on Gamepass and keep the sony price at £70

It will be like the Bethseda deal some games will come out on the PlayStation but the major title will be exclusive

I haven't played COD in years and don't plan to

I am planning on getting a gaming desktop and will get back into StarCraft and Diablo though

Here's the thing. All these companies want to make money. Companies like Microsoft and Sony actually make more money off game sales. Consoles are sometimes even sold at a loss.

People are assuming that Microsoft is going to make all these games exclusive in an effort to sell more Xbox systems. They might do that, but I'm not sure that would even be in their best interest honestly. Activision makes a lot of money selling multiplatform games. Microsoft would really only lower Activision's value by making all those games exclusive. Sure, some of the hardcore fans will buy Xbox systems so they can play the games on there, but I'm not sure that would offset the cost of losing all the potential customers who choose to stick with the PS.

In the end, I think Microsoft would be better off keeping all the games multiplat, and just giving perks to Xbox users. On another note, I honestly think moves like this are less about winning the console war, and more about Microsoft setting itself up to be a game development powerhouse. They might decide they want to be the biggest game developer out there and leave the hardware to others.

Idk I had an Xbox for the past 10 years and the exclusives always lacked. Outside of call 📞 f duty I do y know too much bout activision. Now because it’s microarray fr having those blizzard pc games does wonders. But I got ps5 for gaming

Here's the thing. All these companies want to make money. Companies like Microsoft and Sony actually make more money off game sales. Consoles are sometimes even sold at a loss.

People are assuming that Microsoft is going to make all these games exclusive in an effort to sell more Xbox systems. They might do that, but I'm not sure that would even be in their best interest honestly. Activision makes a lot of money selling multiplatform games. Microsoft would really only lower Activision's value by making all those games exclusive. Sure, some of the hardcore fans will buy Xbox systems so they can play the games on there, but I'm not sure that would offset the cost of losing all the potential customers who choose to stick with the PS.

In the end, I think Microsoft would be better off keeping all the games multiplat, and just giving perks to Xbox users. On another note, I honestly think moves like this are less about winning the console war, and more about Microsoft setting itself up to be a game development powerhouse. They might decide they want to be the biggest game developer out there and leave the hardware to others.
Xbox isn't interested in selling Xboxs they are actively trying to put gamepass on playstation but Sony are not having it.

They just want everyone to join their ecosystem hence gamepass ultimate.

Basically Sony own the traditional method and Microsoft can't compete that way so they're trying to change how the industry works and corner Sony

Last edited:
Back