Welcome To aBlackWeb

Micro transactions have ruined the gaming experience..

The internet ruined gaming. All the bad things about gaming started during PS3/360. That is why GTA6 will never release cause GTA online keeps making billions. I called tjis back when COD blew up.

They need to make money - i get that, but better solutions can be found where they take advantage of modern content distribution while creating gaming experiences that have replay value v what they been doing for years now which is straight up lazy (building around pay to win/funneling traffic to the in-game store, re-adding and removing known features, etc)

IMO only change taking place is if gamers take some type of financial stand to force their hand
AAS equels As a Service. They are using video games to push that business model and people keep giving them money even for trash like Fortnite. That is why games like Ragnarok are needed. I will be picking up that Hogwarts, Forspoken and Star Wara too. All we can do is support games like that.

Last edited:
I've never paid for a microtransactuon out of principle and never will. The industry preys on the desires of young gamers to look cool to their friends knowing they will pressure/dupe/convince their parents to pay for microtransactions. Fucking dirty work.

Never bought dlc, never will.

It started out innocent enough but I was never ok with it. Give me a full game at launch, charge me what's needed, and fuck off. Once I buy a game I don't want to hear from the developers until another, complete, game is released years later.

Little did mfs know dlc was just the start. Microtransactions and live service games are just the spawns of dlc. Who knows what's next and how else they'll sneak into your wallets.

The internet ruined gaming. All the bad things about gaming started during PS3/360. That is why GTA6 will never release cause GTA online keeps making billions. I called tjis back when COD blew up.

Bruh, online gaming was a thing back as far as '94-'95 on the PC. Most FPS games, RTS games like Starcraft and Warcraft, MMO's, etc were all playable online and had huge communities for years before the PS3/360 had even been imagined. Nah, what ruined it was greed, same as what ruined the internet in general. Someone saw an opportunity to make money and they went for it and the ideas spread.

DLC in its infancy wasn't to bad withmw2 i believe.. then someone figured out hold up lets sell insignificant virtual trinkets and the floos gates opened

It definitely out a damper on it... nigas paying for what came free with the completion of the game..

Then there is pay to win.. in your maddens and 2ks

If you got kids Roblox is like child support

But yes the gaming community doesnt play anyof the games in the spirit that they were meant to play in at large .. the proliferation of you tubers you break games all day provide metas have dampened the general multiplayer gaming experience.

Mountain dew cool ranch is the offical snack of Al Kracka

DLC in its infancy wasn't to bad withmw2 i believe.. then someone figured out hold up lets sell insignificant virtual trinkets and the floos gates opened

It definitely out a damper on it... nigas paying for what came free with the completion of the game..

Then there is pay to win.. in your maddens and 2ks

If you got kids Roblox is like child support

But yes the gaming community doesnt play anyof the games in the spirit that they were meant to play in at large .. the proliferation of you tubers you break games all day provide metas have dampened the general multiplayer gaming experience.

Mountain dew cool ranch is the offical snack of Al Kracka
Bro its like halfway thru you got drunk and said fuck coherent writing lmao

Bruh, online gaming was a thing back as far as '94-'95 on the PC. Most FPS games, RTS games like Starcraft and Warcraft, MMO's, etc were all playable online and had huge communities for years before the PS3/360 had even been imagined. Nah, what ruined it was greed, same as what ruined the internet in general. Someone saw an opportunity to make money and they went for it and the ideas spread.
Yeah that was PC and back then it was niche. Console gamers would have never payed for that stuff until Live/PSN made it mainstream. COD specifically made it successful.

Most people have been desentisized to it after that. Remember Sega and MS had paid online but PS2 dominated and most people did not jave the network adaptor for PS2.

Once both went online out the box with PS3/60 it was a wrap. Those business plabs were created when these companies saw the succesd of MWF.

I am not denying the greed but they took advantage of the opportunity as companies always do when customers allow it.

Last edited:
Yeah that was PC and back then it was niche. Console gamers would have never payed for that stuff until Live/PSN made it mainstream. COD specifically made it successful.

Most people have been desentisized to it after that. Remember Sega and MS had paid online but PS2 dominated and most people did not jave the network adaptor for PS2.

Once both went online out the box with PS3/60 it was a wrap. Those business plabs were created when these companies saw the succesd of MWF.

You can't call it niche when there were literally millions of people playing these games online. Quakeworld (Quake 1 with better networking) had crowded servers across the planet, all FREE. Same for Quake 2, Blood, Sin, Command and Conquer, etc and by 2000 a lot of them were accessible via the also free GameSpy.

People all over the globe were playing these games. Starcraft took on a life of it's own in Korea with online players from that one country being the best to walk the earth. Y'all cats on consoles only became aware of it with the XBox 360 and PS3 but by that time PC gamers had already enjoyed a decade or more of online gaming.

The best part, tho, was it was all FREE. I'm STILL able to get matches on Unreal Tournament and that shit was released in '99! There are still Quakeworld servers still active to this day, and them shits was released at the end of '96. And it's still FREE.

A lot of us in the PC gaming community looked at console gamers as crazy for ever paying for online gameplay. Like y'all were getting straight up ripped off and happy to get ripped off.

I caved and bought the modern warfare 9.99 season 1 battlepass šŸ˜©

I just hate the idea of locked shit that I can't access lol

A couple of the blueprints were actually pretty good though.

IDK if imma do it for S2

I caved and bought the modern warfare 9.99 season 1 battlepass šŸ˜©

I just hate the idea of locked shit that I can't access lol

A couple of the blueprints were actually pretty good though.

IDK if imma do it for S2
200w.gif

Back