Welcome To aBlackWeb

HBO Tokyo Vice (Season 2)

I didn’t even think of a second season for this
Neither did I since it's based on a memoir, but the way they ended it , the critical acclaim, the numbers being good, and the guy JT Rogers saying he has stories set up for season 2 gives me hope it will get renewed soon.

Neither did I since it's based on a memoir, but the way they ended it , the critical acclaim, the numbers being good, and the guy JT Rogers saying he has stories set up for season 2 gives me hope it will get renewed soon.
Wait that was the last ep?

Just caught on to it this side of the Atlantic... STARZ

Michael Mann as I've stated here numerously in my top 5 filmmakers...

This joint was seven years after his poorly received Blackhat... Which I personally enjoyed

What can I say about this first episode? A master at work... Infiltrating Japanese culture seamlessly (Martin Scorsese also made a film about Ancient Japan not too long ago...)

The whole drama taking place in 1999 (one of my most memorable and favourite years) was a highlight

Just a reminder also Mann made a movie that same year about a journalist trying to report on a whistleblower working for Big Tobacco starring Al Pacino and Russell Crowe

I was hyped to see this and wasn't disappointed ... However I'm reading reviews suggesting the other episodes don't match the opener which would be plainly obvious

5/5

Last edited:
Updates on Mann for any one interested:

* The prequel/sequel to Heat is in literary form (a novel) and will be dropping this summer

* He's about to or is filming a biopic about Enzo Ferrari (the inventor of the sports car) in Italy starring Adam Driver

I enjoyed this. That white boy was Pissing me off by showing up unannounced at people's homes.

I was dying at the last line on the last episode. "Make sure you were not followed", lol. He was already at dude's house when he said it

I enjoyed this. That white boy was Pissing me off by showing up unannounced at people's homes.

I was dying at the last line on the last episode. "Make sure you were not followed", lol. He was already at dude's house when he said it
Lmao I remember this part

I said the same thing and I was like how is he going to do that anyways?

Sato who was my favourite character in the whole series appears to be murdered in the end of this season
... I don't know if I have an appetite for a second season

Tozawa a savage though ... So I think his story and war with the cops will be the main plot for season 2

Also if Mann could direct an episode or two then I'm in

Back