Welcome To aBlackWeb

Michael Jordan and current NBA players defend LeBron James after Trump’s attack on his intelligence…

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/24283260/nba-players-come-defense-lebron-james

LeBron James hasn't responded to a shot about his intelligence from President Donald Trump, but Hall of Famer Michael Jordan and other fellow NBA players took to Twitter to defend him.

Trump took aim at James in a tweet on Friday night, days after an interview with CNN's Don Lemon aired in which the Los Angeles Lakers star said he felt that Trump was "using sports to kinda divide us."

"Sports has never been something that divides people," James told Lemon. "It's always been something that brings someone together."

Trump also appeared to take sides in the LeBron vs. Jordan debate, saying, "I like Mike!"

However, Jordan, who owns the Charlotte Hornets, issued a statement to NBC News on Saturday backing LeBron.

"I support LJ," Jordan said in the statement. "He's doing an amazing job for his community."

Other players from around the league, including Minnesota's Karl-Anthony Townsand Utah's Donovan Mitchell, came to James' defense on social media.

The LeBron James Family Foundation and the Akron (Ohio) Public Schools on Monday opened a new elementary school for at-risk children in his hometown.

The I Promise School is the culmination of nearly a decade of work by James' foundation, with its focus on educating children from challenging situations or backgrounds. The school will begin with two grades, third and fourth, with plans to expand in the coming years.

For those who complete the program, which has been operating for years, James has arranged for free tuition to the University of Akron starting in 2021. He also created a program for parents of the at-risk children to return to complete their high school educations, and he has planned an institute to help prepare high-school-age students for college.

In all, James and his foundation leaders hope that more than 1,200 children will pass through the program and into college by 2029.

Trump is traveling to Ohio on Saturday for a campaign rally.

Too much attention paid to every word this guy says. He isn’t stupid, he isn’t random, there’s order to his chaos. His tweets and tv statements are for reason. Everyone bites every time.
Maybe that's why Bron hasn't responded.

MJ's response was weak, but given he's traditionally refused to even take sides in situations like this, I'll give him some credit.

And this shit is crazy. We have a president who literally goes on record calling people stupid. How childish is that?

"Should I invest my time with International trade, Disarmament talks with North Korea, Healthcare cost, Tariffs, Immigration, or securing my Supreme court nomination? Nah, lets Tweet about Lebron James." Deep thoughts with Donald Trump.

Back