Mental health check!

uandursmile

Feb 9, 2021
Canada
ABW Bucks
$11,635
when your family does not lend a hand or an ear, it can cause damage that is difficult to repair. It is good to have a thread to vent on your situation.
Although I agree, I think that some family members are simply incapable of hearing people about certain issues. I don't know about you, but most of my family is either dismissive or overreactive regarding mental health. They grew up in households where mental health issues simply don't exist and you just try to bottle up your issues. They're still very much the same people decades later, regardless of their efforts to change. I think a lot of people encourage others to talk to someone (even themselves) about their mental health issues because it sounds like the right thing to do. However, I think most would rather you (not you in particular) see a psychologist/psychiatrist and not bring your issues to them.

Essentially: "I hope you get well, but stay the hell away from me. I have my own things to deal with."

konceptjones

The one between three and three.
Oct 10, 2017
ABW Bucks
$45,738,572
It's going to be tough to say but I'm going to say it.. 4

The combination of struggling economically, socially, family stuff, dating life has tremendously impacted my Mental Health. Now my car has conked out on me well just the brakes, but I fear those are going to give away any time.

Last couple of days I struggle to get up at the time I usually do. My healthy eating has regressed and sometimes I lack motivation. Ladies and gentlemen, when your family does not lend a hand or an ear, it can cause damage that is difficult to repair. It is good to have a thread to vent on your situation.
I feel you on this fam. I've been getting up later and later every day. Shit, it's 10:30am and I've only been up 30 minutes.

Lou Cypher

The Tokin' White Guy
Jan 23, 2017
Alaska
ABW Bucks
$1,498,899
ehhh my Mental Health has kind of been in the shits. Been doing more opiates than i have in a really long time. Got my heart broke earlier this year. In a new relationship with a girl who seems really good for me, but I for some reason just cant get attached or give af. Due to hanging out with her all the time my schedule has been incredibly chaotic also with my legal situations. Today was the first day I hit the gym in 13 days though so trying to get back on schedule. Lady is out of town for a few weeks too helping her mom so I should be able to get adapted more.

Big_Ev

Mr. Brick City
Aug 20, 2017
ABW Bucks
$98,335
Mines is between 3-4. It seems like my stress and anxiety levels has jumped up a lot these past couple of months. Some days I can’t settle down and everything bothers me to a certain extent. I sat down and I figured out that all this started after my mom passed. I dealt with stress before and I could deal with it, but now sometimes it a struggle.

16bitSheez

World's Finest
Dec 24, 2017
ABW Bucks
$49,729
I’m surprised no one made a thread for a post-pandemic mental health discussion..

As a dude most comfortable with solitude and isolation even I myself had to come face to face with my limits on that ish. For the first time in my adult life I actually been battling slight depression I think triggered via the pandemic. I hear multiple ppl are low key dealing with the same thing since then and even getting therapy for it…last year seriously scarred a bunch of us knowingly or unknowingly and I think it’s prob one of the most under-acknowledged side effect of the pandemic that will go down in history and be noted later on.

Don’t get me wrong though, I’m winning the battle and am the happiest I’ve ever been mentally, but I legit have to battle that feeling every day. And it tends to go away only once I’m engaging with other people IRL or even online.