Welcome To aBlackWeb

Megan Thee Stallion is taking ownership of the words "thot" and "hoe"

meh. i live in philly and been to the majority of these places and never heard women calling other women hoes as a term of endearment

bitch? sure

hoe? no sir
Ho is more with teens and early to mid 20 somethings, late 20s on up i hear bitch as the term of endearment. If the power of hurt snd shame are remove it becomes just a word... but the power is never really removed... nigger/a still holds a trigger for black folks when used by whites, white Latinos, and Asians, same with bitch, ho, and thot when used by a heterosexual male against a female outside of role playing and other sexual circumstances.

Ho is more with teens and early to mid 20 somethings, late 20s on up i hear bitch as the term of endearment. If the power of hurt snd shame are remove it bevmcomes just a word... but the power is never really removed... nigger/a still holds a trigger for black folks when used by whites, white Latinos, and Asians, same with bitch, ho, and thot when used by a heterosexual male against a female outside of role playing and other sexual circumstances.

i said lessen the shame surrounding these words. also reclaimation has certain rules the same as aave or any other secular linguistic pattern.

only those within said group can use it.

The conversation about the effect of rap on the ruin of children and leading men astray raged on Capital Hill and major news networks in the 90s and early 2000s. That's the pressure that men like NWA, 2Pac, Snoop Dogg, Ludacris, Eminem, and Jay Z had to stand against.

Today it's comment sections on Instagram and it's too much pressure for Megan Thee Stallion? Really?

Again, it's not who she is. Maybe the discussion would be different if she was genuinely pushing to live the life of a hoe or sex worker. But she isn't. She, like Nicki Minaj, Cardi B, Beyonce, and Lil Kim before her all willingly became the face of lifestyles and attitudes that they don't accept themselves. And while their audiences are applying their music to reality, they are sitting in an expensive mansion, secluded, and engaged, married, or at least in love with ONE man.

We crucify any male rapper who lies about gang banging, selling drugs, or being tough. Why should female rappers not be held to the same standard of authenticity?

Name me 1 song where a rapper made a song like this about the word "Nigger". There is no "Nigger Shit" song and video with black people terrorizing white people by acting like "niggers".

specifically about my part.....

you right..."we're not against rap, we're not against rappers"....nobody can forget all that but that was old people on the news not the people the same age as the artists lol....there was also no social media....but yeah i dont have a fight this big man

I was overboard for "pressure"

:mybad:

i said lessen the shame surrounding these words. also reclaimation has certain rules the same as aave or any other secular linguistic pattern.

only those within said group can use it.
I agree, just seeing it as a long road to go before its really lessen... but maybe not, guess it depends on the person's temperament

And again, you are drawing separate conclusions from what Megan actually said.

She said nothing about situational leverage. She's talking about embracing being a hoe so that the word will have no impact.
She didn't have to lol it's implied in the intention. A man calling a woman a thot when she's not one is a man tryna control that woman's emotions/reactions. Substitute thot for bitch...substitute bitch for anything else.

Like I said in my very first post tho, taking ownership of the word isn't necessary in order for it to not have meaning.

I got a question for the ladies.

Do ya'll really have dudes just casually calling you out of your names like that?

I mean I get dudes say shit like that when they or mad or feel disrespected, and that's wrong.

My question is more whether or not ya'll get called out of your names routinely enough to think that most men think there's nothing wrong with calling a chick a hoe or a thot.

Do ya'll really have dudes just casually calling you out of your names like that?

I mean I get dudes say shit like that when they or mad or feel disrespected, and that's wrong.

My question is more whether or not ya'll get called out of your names routinely enough to think that most men think there's nothing wrong with calling a chick a hoe or a thot.

catcalling is a real thing my friend

ignore someone's advances and anything is bound to happen.

plus in every day conversation i hear men referring to women as hoes and bitches. whether they know them personally or not

whether the womans actions align with the name being called or not

catcalling is a real thing my friend

ignore someone's advances and anything is bound to happen.

plus in every day conversation i hear men referring to women as hoes and bitches. whether they know them personally or not

whether the womans actions align with the name being called or not

That's unfortunate.

I'll be real. I was never a supporter of the MeToo movement.

It did open my eyes to some things though. It caused me to have some real conversations with my wife and other female acquaintances that made me feel legit bad about some of the things that I did and didn't do when I was younger.

I think we all need to have more open conversations. I think a lot of dudes would think twice about some of their actions and words if they truly understood the impact those things had on women.

Unfortunately, some dudes are just scumbags, and they aren't going to change no matter what.

Maybe some unrealistic expectations being held at Meg.
She's always made herself out a thot, I don't expect much else.
It's not like she's twerking to legalize prostitution.
Or healthcare for sex workers, benefits for sex workers.
Perhaps labor law protections for sex workers, Banking support for sex workers, etc.
It's been none of that, just ratchet hoe babble.
I say let them hoes serve and put more energy into the women that don't choose that lifestyle.

That's unfortunate.

I'll be real. I was never a supporter of the MeToo movement.

It did open my eyes to some things though. It caused me to have some real conversations with my wife and other female acquaintances that made me feel legit bad about some of the things that I did and didn't do when I was younger.

I think we all need to have more open conversations. I think a lot of dudes would think twice about some of their actions and words if they truly understood the impact those things had on women.

Unfortunately, some dudes are just scumbags, and they aren't going to change no matter what.

yeah its crazy to me how many men try to downplay sexism but would be hard pressed to meet a woman that hasnt faced some level of sexual harassment or assault

"You don't got no hoes"

"My new bitch..."

"Man phuck deez thots"

That's just right here on ABW...very casually

Maybe these dudes ARE mad and/or feel disrespected 🤷‍♀️

tenor.gif

Now that i think of it, I've been called bitch more when I was actually being polite than when I deserved it. Lolololol

we do need more open conversations tho

We do.

A lot of dudes think some of the shit we do is ok because we sometimes get positive feedback. Like I had friends that grabbed every ass they saw, especially at the club. We all thought it was ok because sometimes they'd parlay it into getting a number or taking a chick home. We never even considered that, sure, you picked up that one chick but you contributed to scarring the other 9 chicks that weren't cool with what you did. We only knew our side of the equation. We never cared to get the other side, and that was fucked up on our part.

The conversation about the effect of rap on the ruin of children and leading men astray raged on Capital Hill and major news networks in the 90s and early 2000s. That's the pressure that men like NWA, 2Pac, Snoop Dogg, Ludacris, Eminem, and Jay Z had to stand against.

Today it's comment sections on Instagram and it's too much pressure for Megan Thee Stallion? Really?

Again, it's not who she is. Maybe the discussion would be different if she was genuinely pushing to live the life of a hoe or sex worker. But she isn't. She, like Nicki Minaj, Cardi B, Beyonce, and Lil Kim before her all willingly became the face of lifestyles and attitudes that they don't accept themselves. And while their audiences are applying their music to reality, they are sitting in an expensive mansion, secluded, and engaged, married, or at least in love with ONE man.

We crucify any male rapper who lies about gang banging, selling drugs, or being tough. Why should female rappers not be held to the same standard of authenticity?

Name me 1 song where a rapper made a song like this about the word "Nigger". There is no "Nigger Shit" song and video with black people terrorizing white people by acting like "niggers".

Does this count? Wasnt a video though.

Back